#128533  by strummingturtle

Just came across my first listen that I can remember of an eyes into estimated (1979-11-05 spectrum). Does anybody now of any others.
I thought the transition was pretty good. Most of the estimated /eyes transitions that I have heard seem pretty rough in my opinion. Maybe there is no easy way to go from a flying tempo 4/4 into a slower tempo 7/4. I would also love to be steered in the direction of some real good estimated into eyes transitions.
By the way that spectrum show just rocks all the way thru and there are some great recordings on the archive.
Cheers
 #128542  by tigerstrat

They started doing quite a lot of them around 90-91, post-Brent. I have to admit that it seemed sort of a forced transition, perhaps for novelty's sake... nowhere near the gravitational attraction that Estimated> Eyes generated. I once saw a Franklin's> Stranger too!

<edit> So I just re-read your post, and am slightly confused: Here, you say
Most of the estimated /eyes transitions that I have heard seem pretty rough in my opinion.
but then you describe an Eyes (4)> Estimated(7) time shift, which I agree is rough, usually.
Maybe there is no easy way to go from a flying tempo 4/4 into a slower tempo 7/4.

I would also love to be steered in the direction of some real good estimated into eyes transitions.
God, there's just so many tasty ones, how about 2/27/81, 9/12/81, 6/30/87 for starters?
 #128543  by strummingturtle

wow and I barely missed a show during that time. Just don't remember it that way. Shows sink in when I hear them on tape but I cannot seem to remember what I heard live 20 years ago while levitating. Thanks for the response I will dig in to 90'-91'
 #128544  by strummingturtle

<edit> So I just re-read your post, and am slightly confused: Here, you say
Most of the estimated /eyes transitions that I have heard seem pretty rough in my opinion.
but then you describe an Eyes (4)> Estimated(7) time shift, which I agree is rough, usually.
Maybe there is no easy way to go from a flying tempo 4/4 into a slower tempo 7/4.

Yeah I said that backassward.