When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #126569  by Tennessee Jedi

Hey Keir
Great playing .... guitar sounds Strat-ish to me
Whats that thing built like ? Decent or crap or pretty good ?
Is there a toggle to activate the FX loop I dont see ?
Thanks man
- Tom
 #126580  by keirweir

The OBEL switch is in-between the two input jacks. I will have to get used to the placement of the switches and 5-way as its different than my Resurrection.

There are a couple minor finish issues really minor (especially considering price) but the guitar is solid, nice medium to jumbo frets and no dead spots.

I really wanted something that would require no further immediate investment and that's what I got.
 #126651  by mijknahs

Keir,

That sounds really good. Totally stock? You change the strings?
 #126652  by keirweir

mijknahs wrote:Keir,

That sounds really good. Totally stock? You change the strings?

Thanks Jim!

Totally stock, direct to Amp with the strings that were on it.

I would say they are 10's while I normally use 11's.
 #126653  by mijknahs

That's really nice especially for a stock guitar.
 #126658  by keirweir

To be able to pick one of these up for $600 ready to go with OBEL was great. Its versitile as well.

I'm in the process of selling a Seymour Duncan Amp to a friend who keeps requesting vids of clean tone so I send this as a joke. If your into this kind of thing, the Wolph could get you there!

#126783  by bgood79

Just got a Phred Wolph yesterday so I figured I should post a little vid for anyone who is on the fence. I was quite surprised at the quality for the price. It's going into a H&K 120 with a 1X12 JBL E120. It was taken with my phone so the sound quality is crap but this will give you a bit of an idea. I can post more (with mutron perhaps) if anyone is interested.
 #126810  by barefootdave

Nice playing, bgood. Looks like you got a decent guitar for the money, too! Did it come with the Wolf sticker? Now all you need is an SMS and Mac.

I would like to hear a clip with the Mutron going through the OBEL.
 #127059  by freddyrose76

Staemius wrote:I've played mine regularly for two months now and really like it - but I developed some jack issues las week and could not get the guitar to play at all last night at practice (don't know if its jack related or other wiring issue). Disappointing but I had planned to change out a few things anyways so it will go to the shop soon...
Hey, this is Fred from Phred Instruments. Just discovered this thread. Sorry to hear about the wiring issue with the jack. I'll PM you to discuss further. I have a couple of questions. Actually, curious if it was a bad wire or a soldering issue, and if yes, at which contact point?

Also wish to say thanks for the kind words on this thread, and the forum, and also for posting videos. Glad to hear that you are all enjoying Wolph.

For those of you on the fence about getting one, there are only 3 Wolph guitars remaining in stock now. Next batch arrives in the summer time.

Happy to answer questions or take suggestions for future runs on here as well.
 #127060  by Staemius

No further problems with the jack - I had to bend in the prongs a bit and it's been fine. I re-soldered a loose wire to the battery which I believe I probably loosened when I switched out the battery. All is well and having a blast with the Wolph!
 #128431  by freddyrose76

barefootdave wrote:Nice playing, bgood. Looks like you got a decent guitar for the money, too! Did it come with the Wolf sticker? Now all you need is an SMS and Mac.

I would like to hear a clip with the Mutron going through the OBEL.
Vids with Mutron going through OBEL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8KOhGUclrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94tUGPJXTzE

Vid with OBEL switch usage from distorted to clean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cSSpNIgKZc
 #128449  by freddyrose76

tumbledownshack wrote:Hey Fred,

I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Do you ship guitars here?
Yes, I ship guitars to Canada.
 #128455  by TI4-1009

Lefties?
 #128525  by freddyrose76

TI4-1009 wrote:Lefties?
Yes, Lefties on a custom order basis. 3 months lead time.
PM or email me through PHRED website to discuss further.