#114462  by Tonybagofdonuts

Hello Fellow Jerry Heads,

I am playing with the idea of making a Garcia guitar. Tiger I am thinking. Are there any CNC designs already available out there? My work has a fancy machine shop and I thought I would try to take advantage of it! Any suggestions of pre made designs. Best place for affordable parts? Thank you all for any help. Got a big show in August - 5th Semi Sort of Annual Jerry Garcia Brithday Bash! 4 Bands. All Jerry All Night!
 #114469  by softmachine72

I have a full line of parts for you Jerry builds. no cnc templates. but i have tailpieces ,triple rings , wolf Lafayette stereo knobs, fretboard inlay schemes, Mil. spec pots, The full meal deal. My website is scarletfireguitars.net. and I have a photo gallery on photo bucket http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/softmachine72/
ryanhostetler liked this
 #114472  by Smolder

softmachine72 wrote:I have a full line of parts for you Jerry builds. no cnc templates. but i have tailpieces ,triple rings , wolf Lafayette stereo knobs, fretboard inlay schemes, Mil. spec pots, The full meal deal. My website is scarletfireguitars.net. and I have a photo gallery on photo bucket http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y337/softmachine72/

I wish your site wasn't flash based. I can't see it.
 #114526  by bluemule

Sorry don't know of any ready CAD drawings. You'll also need someone to produce machine code with a CAM program. The software alone will cost you more than some replicas already out there. That being said, I'm a diy'er and am on my way to building my own cnc. Let us know how it works out for you. It'd be fun to talk cnc with a head. Here's my wolf version.
 #114540  by Smolder

softmachine72 wrote:are you talking about photobucket or scarletfireguitars.net? I am kind of ignorant about website design.
Scarletfireguitars.net

Not trying to be harsh dude. I do most of my web browsing on an iPad or iPhone... neither have flash, which is how that site is built. As a result, I can't see it. I do have a laptop and was able to pull it up there, but I can't see the electronic components... not enough screen space, and the site doesn't appear to have any way for me to scroll. I hope that is helpful.
 #118790  by jamzaroni

if anyone gets some legit CAD drawings, i work in a pretty nice medical machine shop and would be willing to help with machine code. we have all the software needed.