#127913  by ricepr

I have a cream colored backup strat, and would like to at least put a tie dye pickguard on. Anyone have any sources or ideas?

Wouldn't mind doing the body, but not the whole refin thin. But other than using sharpies? Any ideas?
 #127925  by ccw3432

You could try a clear plastic pick guard and put a cut piece of tie dye pressed under it. It may be difficult to get the fabric cut without it fraying at the edges. You may need to adhere the fabric to a thin backing with a spray adhesive prior to cutting it and drilling out holes for the pick guard mounting in order to keep it from fraying.
 #127942  by tigerstrat

Sounds like a dipping project. Here's Simon's instructional:

#127950  by gmchart

I don't have any idea where you get 'em, but there's a lady in town with a tie-dyed car! Apparently you order the kit to fit your model, and have a detail guy stick 'em on. The whole damn car! It's pretty cool. Seems to me they could send you a piece to do either or both.
 #127975  by Pete B.

mgbills wrote:Take a look at what they have here...
http://www.terrapinguitars.com/index_ph ... alsContent

Peace
M
'Sorry to hear of this...
From another Forum...
Topic: John Polk - Terrapin Guitars
John was born November 10th, 1963 and lost his battle with cancer on May 5, 2013. He is survived by his wife Mary Newell as well as many friends and family. John owned Terrapin Guitars (www.terrapinguitars.com) making custom guitar parts as well as being an inspired artist.