#115168  by feelikeastranger

Whats your favorite Fuzz Pedal ? I might be buying the Catalinbread Ottava Magus II or the Malekko Fuzz. Im leaning toward the Magus. But also found a good deal on a FUZZFACE. Not sure yet.
 #115169  by tigerstrat

there are so many fuzzes- maybe more than any other pedal type, but if I had to pick one... maybe the Sola Sound Tone Bender MKII
 #115176  by tcsned

T-Rex Dr Swamp
 #115199  by tigger

So hard to stick to just one, they are kind of like golf clubs. Love the DAM/Sola Sound MKII. But you can't go wrong with a good Fuzz Face (or clone thereof).
 #115230  by JonnyBoy

EHX Big Muff clone is what I use w/ a regular muff, bright and warm tone 3 way toggle... I add it in and out of my effects shelves here and there... but with only playing Dead music I don't have a lot of times to use it live. Used it lots a few years ago. Love running it with a cheap 1$ battery with low voltage.
 #115233  by bcresci

I treid out a Big Muff Pi and had to shelve it. With the tone knob turned all the way bright, it was still too dark to use. Wouldn't cut through the mix without an eq pedal, which I don't use.

So if I want something a little crunchy / fuzzy I just crank up my earth drive.
 #115619  by guitarcats

Give the MXR classic fuzz 108 a try. Nice and creamy like a thick milkshake.
 #115729  by seniorpesca

I recently got the white 3 knob karl fuzz by lovepedal. Its cool but I agree w the golf club statwment..so true. This morning I dialed in a siiiick scofield tone ouuta my mim n yltwin
 #127446  by tigerstrat

Well OP? Which one did you get? What's your report?
 #127451  by caspersvapors

JonnyBoy wrote:EHX Big Muff clone is what I use w/ a regular muff, bright and warm tone 3 way toggle... I add it in and out of my effects shelves here and there... but with only playing Dead music I don't have a lot of times to use it live. Used it lots a few years ago. Love running it with a cheap 1$ battery with low voltage.

for a more improved Big Muff variant check out the Earthquaker Devices Hoof. Anything made by them is pretty tits
 #129084  by pablomago

Jorden Boss Tone. I got an original for next to nothing in a pawn shop last year. I had more fun with that then any pedal I've tried in years. Inna-gadda-da-vida, Baby! Instant Randy California.

Just got a Barber Trifecta. Love it! Three voicings, a "Sludge" knob to match pickups and (something I didn't know for the first month I had it, a pull switch one the tone pot for better harmonics. Very cool and very overlooked in guitarland.
 #129122  by tigerstrat

I'd love to know what JG was using on those '74 China Dolls.
 #130399  by TI4-1009

Where does that REAL fuzzy fuzz on the later Wang Dang Doodles come from? MIDI?