When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #127345  by Phil Lesh101

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, Furthur regretfully will be unable to appear as scheduled at BottleRock Napa Valley on Thursday, May 9. Grateful Dead & Furthur Co-Founder Bob Weir is unable to perform in any capacity for the next several weeks.

Furthur featuring Phil Lesh & Bob Weir look forward to returning to the road as scheduled on July 11 in Brooklyn for their Summer tour, which carries them through early October on the West Coast."

What's up with Bob!
 #127347  by lightningbolt

I don't like rumors but if it was his shoulder they would of said it was his shoulder. "Unforeseen circumstances" and "unable to perform in any capacity" makes for more questions than answers.

Sounds to me like they don't want to come out and say Bob has a problem.....we are a forgiving bunch.....I love him anyway. I don't see the need to hide the truth and hide behind cryptic language.

Get well Bobby!!
 #127366  by eric

The last couple years the man has been working like a madman ..He's got so much going on its insane. I would have retired years ago , or at least only done a couple shows a year. But I guess it's just in his blood. No disrespect for his age , but I wondered when it was gonna really catch up with him (whatever the reason).
I couldn't imagine what the road has done to him ( besides the mooostache)
 #127367  by TI4-1009

I flipped channels to Palladium last week and saw Weir!? He was jamming with a younger band, then they had some interview/chat with the group. They asked him why he was still playing at his "advanced age". He said it's not about money, it's all about the music. He said to look at the old, famous musicians and name one that had "retired", they need to keep making the music, that's what they enjoy, retirement would be conterintuitive.
 #127379  by TI4-1009

eric wrote:Strum , this could be your big chance man !!!
Your "JK moment"!
 #127380  by Tennessee Jedi

strumminsix wrote:
LOL! I would LOVE it! But I gotta think more realistic.... They'll pull Rob Eaton from DSO then DSO will grab me :lol:
Sounding good , S6 - Judging by the killer " Stranger " on your band page you would fit in nice with DSO - great Bob playing and singing
 #127387  by strumminsix

Tennessee Jedi wrote:
strumminsix wrote:
LOL! I would LOVE it! But I gotta think more realistic.... They'll pull Rob Eaton from DSO then DSO will grab me :lol:
Sounding good , S6 - Judging by the killer " Stranger " on your band page you would fit in nice with DSO - great Bob playing and singing
Thanks so much, bro! Sadly, I had a cold that night and sound dude wouldn't drop my low mids so I'm not exactly lovin that recording. But am grateful for your kind words.

Right T14? A boy can dream
 #127390  by wisedyes

Seeing a lot of harsh stuff being said on the interwebz, so I just wanted to say that whatever is going on with Weir, he deserves to have all of us out here in the appreciation society cut him some slack. The guy gives us A LOT of himself, really, and he's been going at this now for close to fifty years. Plus, his recent work in bringing newer musicians into the family and in building TRI has done much to ensure the music will live on somewhere other than our fond memories for a bit yet. Let's face it, Weir, Phil, Mickey and Billy just aren't gonna be around a whole lot longer; Bobby is the baby of the bunch and he's 65! We just need to be grateful for what they continue to give us and make sure to enjoy it while we can, because it sure beats not having it, am I right?

I know that folks on this site are a good bit more respectful as a rule than much of what you see online, I just wanted to get my feelings out there. Bobby should be allowed to take the time to do whatever he needs to do regarding whatever the situation actually is (because we really don't know and it really isn't our business) and not have to be subjected to speculative b.s.
 #127410  by Chuckles

Important to note that the "Furthur Tour" FB page is NOT an official outlet for either the band or Bob. The only authorized statement released by Bob or any of his representative is merely what has already been posts here: that for some vague reasons, the shows have been cancelled and Bob can't play till mid-May. I'd suggest folks let it rest at that and simply keep Weir in our hearts and minds.