#127147  by Jerry1996x

seamones wrote:Do we really need two threads on this?
Sorry Dude! Honestly looked around a bit and didn't see it.
 #127149  by kansaschris

The correct way to call out a double thread is to make a condescending remark AND provide a link to the initial thread. Come on bro. :?
 #127150  by RiverRat

Threads merged.

They saw this coming, they may not have expected the faceplant but they definitely knew early on that it was going to get ugly. Live posts made on the philzone.com forums say that Bobby was out of it from the start of the show. Things were going alright until Me and My Uncle, that was a train wreck worse than the Nokia El Paso Fiasco. Short 1st set of 55 minutes and when they came back the setlists showed that ALL the Bobby songs had been scratched.

http://www.philzone.org/discus/messages ... 1367008054
 #127151  by seamones

kansaschris wrote:
The correct way to call out a double thread is to make a condescending remark AND provide a link to the initial thread. Come on bro. :?
True. My apologies, I guess I need to go back and review some of the Phish and/or DSO threads and get my etiquette back in shape.
 #127155  by TI4-1009

"Women laugh and children scream,
And the band keeps playin on....

The music never stopped.""
 #127156  by Jon S.

Bob: "Well, I was drinking last night with a biker ..."

Phil: "What is a man deep down inside ... a raging beast with nothing to hide."

Bob: "You analyze me, pretend to despise me, you laugh when I stumble and fall."

John K.: "Well you know it's gonna get stranger so let's get on with the show."

Actually this is not funny. Best wishes and mojo to Bob.
 #127161  by brbadg

I should mention that the ingestion of alcohol was not mentioned in the explanation for the problem.
 #127163  by Grateful Dad

The Nokia incident and the Capitol incident are troubling. If Bob has a medical condition he is not taking care of or just being reckless using alcohol or other substances it seems out of character for Bob.

Perhaps it is simply just a reaction to pain meds for a shoulder injury and tonight he'll be ready. But if this stage breakdown happens again for a third time maybe it is time to limit the touring or just slow down and take care of himself and not get so exhausted?

I went through numerous dizzy/fainting spells in my 30's similar to what Bob had before a neurologist tested me for epilepsy and tested positive. At first the spells were petit-mal siezures, the the grand-mal siezures began. The right medication has kept me siezure free for over 15 years now (knock wood). Then in my 40's I was treated for high blood pressure and the meds I was put on dropped my blood pressure far too much and I had several spells almost exactly like what Bob had at Nokia and Capitol (unstable, foggy-headed, mental confusion, black out, slurred speech, falling...)

I hope Bob does not have a serious medical condition that is causing these episodes and these episodes are non-related and he can enjoy touring for many more years. Whatever the case (neurological, medical, exhaustion, or stupid mistakes with substance using) I wish the best for Bob. If he recovers well from the other night, bounces back stronger, and is happy, that is the best case, but if he needs to limit his career at his age that's ok.

We are all concerned for this man that has given us so much. It was hard to watch the video (couldn't watch the entire video).

I am going to tonight's show in A/C and I really hope to see Bob rested and ready and having fun playing again. There are not many shows in GD history that follow a member's stage collapse like this. Don't really know what to expect.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Peace to all!

Dave
 #127164  by Jon S.

brbadg wrote:I should mention that the ingestion of alcohol was not mentioned in the explanation for the problem.
I've heard it mentioned as a contributing factor. Not that Bob was necessarily drunk just on alcohol but that it was a result of mixing some alcohol with a painkiller or sedative. But you're right, none of us know for sure.
 #127165  by strumminsix

Horrible to watch.

I'm not sure how John could not have stopped to help but have to assume he saw a stage hand or manager running full speed plus the band knew from the start Bob was at risk that night.
 #127168  by Pete B.

I just picked up Tix for Sept 25th in Eugene.

If it was a mistakenly swallowed Ambien related issue, I think Bobby will be OK in A/C.
Please let us know.
I wonder if he has an inner ear thing, the way his balance seemed so off.
 #127170  by Mr.Burns

I'm sure Bobby is fine. He probably just wants everyone to forget about it. Life under scrutiny sucks, its like the antithesis of freedom.

I've seen much worse at bar gigs. Saw a guy fall off a drum throne once. Classic. :D
 #127172  by Smolder

Phil and John were doing their job and letting the crew do theirs. The public explanation is the best case scenario (as you might expect). Wouldn't surprise me if there was more, but we don't know and can only speculate. I hope it's just road fatigue and they put his health first.
 #127189  by NotStStephen

Get well and or get it together soon Bob. Love ya man.

That strained shoulder story sounds kinda like one of those govt UFO stories from Men in Black. "Uh, some gas pockets caught the light from Venus and uh, can you look right here...."

To be fair though if he did take some meds for the shoulder maybe the normal amount of booze would leave you stumblin.