#126879  by shadowboxer

I've looked at some vids on youtube. Looks like he's played his old Carvin on 4/16/13, and the new Alembic on a later night. But on 4/17/13 he's playing one I've never seen. May be a gold PRS with 3 single coils. Any news on that guitar?
 #126947  by Ddavis510

I don't think PRS offered narrowfield humbuckers when he bought the guitar based on his gear tab on his page. I still feel that 3 narrowfield humbuckers would do 'the sound' and clean up the build. This may be the wrong subforum for that though.
 #126960  by shadowboxer

I take back my earlier comment about PRS not mounting the pickups with a slant like that. I looked into it and they did. And thanks to PhilLesh101 for posting the closeup pic of the guitar.
 #126964  by tigerstrat

Definitely the same pickguard as when he first bought this guitar and loaded it with Seymour JB Jr.'s, circa 91-92. John appears to have borrowed the placement of the FX loop jack from my yellow Strat! Although he chose to mount the jack in the pot-hole farthest away from his picking hand, while I chose the one nearest. I imagine he also wired it with universal tone pot. I wonder where the battery is kept, or if he found space under the pickguard for it?
 #127181  by barefootdave

That is the 92-93 PRS eg he was playing when my band opened for DSO in 2000. Pick guard and pu slant is original to the PRS. I bought one just like it in sea foam green to Jerrify about a year ago. Chicks love that color.