rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#123775  by Dozin
 Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:23 pm
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Nice! Looks a lot like a bass preamp. Onboard EQs are highly underrated in the guitar world IMHO.
I'm very surprised that I can't think of another guitar with an eq system like this. EMG has something but it's truly different. I wonder why it's not commonly used?

I know the guy that built this for me is looking to start selling these from a website. He also wants to sell it in a box like MK's. The hardest part of this system right now is finding the correct potentiometers. The ones I was able to get are NOS Ibanez parts but they're really getting hard to find. I think Eaton and I are the last ones to get the remaining pots in this guys private stock. He's looking at getting the pots custom built and then he'll be all set. I was really shocked that he sells the system at a really reasonable price. The board itself is the same price as what Jerry guys are paying for their buffers.
 #126813  by Dozin
 Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 pm
BAD ASS!!!

Time for electronics!

#126849  by Dozin
 Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:38 am
Thanks! I'm stoked, can't take my mind off it ;) I wanted this guitar before the Blue one and 4 years later,.. I'm sooo close!
I think it's coming out really nice

#126851  by Deadhead85
 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 am
Dozin wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Nice! Looks a lot like a bass preamp. Onboard EQs are highly underrated in the guitar world IMHO.
I'm very surprised that I can't think of another guitar with an eq system like this. EMG has something but it's truly different. I wonder why it's not commonly used?

I know the guy that built this for me is looking to start selling these from a website. He also wants to sell it in a box like MK's. The hardest part of this system right now is finding the correct potentiometers. The ones I was able to get are NOS Ibanez parts but they're really getting hard to find. I think Eaton and I are the last ones to get the remaining pots in this guys private stock. He's looking at getting the pots custom built and then he'll be all set. I was really shocked that he sells the system at a really reasonable price. The board itself is the same price as what Jerry guys are paying for their buffers.

I just got one made in a pedal as well! I started it over a year ago, had the board made in Germany using all the NOS Ibanez parts, to the specs! It also has the correct pots, I lucked out! I then bought pedal components and sent it all to Gary Brawer in San Fran last summer....I finally got it from him a few weeks ago! He had it finished awhile back and forgot all about it, so it sat on his shelf awhile. It works and sounds phenominal!! I wish I had regular access to a computer, so I could post pictures. I did pay the same for my board, as it costs for a Waldo buffer.
 #126888  by eric
 Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 pm
That's a stunning pair. What's your finish process like ?
 #126890  by Dozin
 Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:26 am
eric wrote:That's a stunning pair. What's your finish process like ?
Finish process? I'm not sure I know what you're asking.
 #126892  by eric
 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 am
Oh sorry , I just meant what are you using as your wood finish ?
 #126893  by Dozin
 Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 am
Marty Bell finishes did the finish work