#121902  by moonliner

Hello Rick

Very nice to see you here! Thanks for joining in on the conversations...

I was wondering if I might ask a question about the godfather bass.... The pickup surround or chassis (for lack of a better word)... in the early pics from Fretboard Journal it appears to be wood, but later it looks like brass or some other type of metal, or am I hallucinating? Or both? :shock:

Any information you might have would be humbly appreciated.

Thanks.

Keith
 #126071  by moonliner

I'm wondering if anyone has a good/clear picture of Phil's Godfather bass when it still had the full tailpiece on it. It was only one for a short while and then disappeared. It's present on the Europe 72 vids but I can't get a decent screen grab. There is a very small picture of it on the Alembic site under the rewritten history/long story page, but it's so small I can't really use it.
I'm hoping someone out there has a photo or two. It would mean a great deal to me.
 #126800  by pablomago

Fender has just reissued the Guild Starfire bass. Only they reissued the singe pickup version. And original Guild single pickups had the pickup at the neck, not the bridge. They just can't seem to get it right! :?
 #126817  by mijknahs

zambiland wrote:The real question is what happened to my hair?!

OK. I give up. What happened to your hair???
 #126822  by Sparechaynge

Fender has just reissued the Guild Starfire bass. Only they reissued the singe pickup version. And original Guild single pickups had the pickup at the neck, not the bridge. They just can't seem to get it right!
The Starfire I's had a single pickup in either place, depending on year iirc. Hopefully they will see that we are ready for more Guild electrics and release the 2 pup version in a year or so.

I really just want them to make a few in lefty, so I can actually play one...
 #129207  by seanc

Rick Turner wrote:Looks rather familiar...

I know this is somewhat heretical..And not to thread jack this too much...
But.. I would urge all of you to go Check out Rick's Ren Basses..I am constantly astounded by how amazing it is. Just got mine back from Rick (repair).. And all i can say is WOW!!!! It is as good as any Alembic I have played, the preamp has an incredible range of USABLE tone. And playability is better than any Alembic or Modulus I have ever played.

And for those that may be following along.. The Ritter is GONE.. The Ren just did everything better (Well, except for looking like a Ritter). Yes, I do think it's THAT good..

Thanks Rick!!!

#129220  by seanc

Rusty the Scoob wrote:You had a Ritter? Did I see it?

That Rick Turner bass looks really cool! Like a giant classical guitar, but in the correct octave.
Not sure... It was there..
It looked like this: