When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #126280  by KauaiAnela

Aloha kind folks,

I've just joined the forum (see my introduction) but am a longtime Deadhead. Been living in Hawaii for 20 years but moving to New Mexico in a few weeks, gonna go to some festivals and get back in the loop! I'm a professional harpist (celtic, not harmonica) and have just finished recording an album of Dead tunes called.... what else? "Harpin' on the Dead". It is currently under production and as I am an independent musician, being funded on IndieGoGo - http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/harpi ... /x/2569622. This album will be part of the Rex Foundation’s musical caravan.

On the acoustic songs (Standing on the Moon, Ripple, Box of Rain, Black Muddy River), the instrumentation ranges from solo harp and voice to accompaniment with acoustic guitar and upright bass. On the electric songs (Eyes, Franklin’s, They Love Each Other, Scarlet -> Fire, Lady -> Terrapin) , we are joined by drums and incredible electric guitar played by Steve Inglis (Palolo Jones, House of Spirits). Acoustic and rhythm guitar is by Tom SanFilippo (Half Step). On the electric tunes, the harp fills in for the keyboards. I sing lead vocals, backed by other members of the band.

The cover art was commissioned from William Giese (Deadicated), and turned out so amazing that I decided to make a limited run of 12” vinyl LPs in addition to CDs and tshirts. The album is currently in production with an estimated release date of May 2013. Shows are planned for summer of 2013 (TBA).

Please check it out! I'll be on http://www.KKCR.org this Wednesday at 4:30 Pacific Standard Time playing some rough-mixed tracks if you want a sneak peek....

Thank you so much for your support and please help spread the word! Yours, Anela

Anela Lauren, Harpist for All Occasions
 #126328  by mttourpro

Interesting idea and I think it sounds very cool.
Nice video and looks like you have a great group of folks on this project.
Best wishes for it to be all that you hope.

:smile: