When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #123885  by Adam Deckard

Could someone please post a vid of theirs if there's anyone out there who owns one?
 #124198  by schleppy

I just ordered one...when it comes I'll post a vid of it playing with clean tone and through some effects...
 #125498  by WildEye

I may be talking out of line... but with phreds tigers he had them done overseas, then had a tech in LA bring them up to spec. I played one in the shop and I have to say for the price it's a great deal, and obel jack was even installed (not wired up) but that's great forward thinking. They are no Moriarty's but a great entry level guitar that's not too hard to upgrade. I wish I had a phred option years ago....
 #125500  by Staemius

I've played mine regularly for two months now and really like it - but I developed some jack issues las week and could not get the guitar to play at all last night at practice (don't know if its jack related or other wiring issue). Disappointing but I had planned to change out a few things anyways so it will go to the shop soon...
 #125501  by Pete B.

Staemius wrote:I've played mine regularly for two months now and really like it - but I developed some jack issues las week and could not get the guitar to play at all last night at practice (don't know if its jack related or other wiring issue). Disappointing but I had planned to change out a few things anyways so it will go to the shop soon...
Was this guitar one of the models with dual 1/4" outputs?...
Or one with onboard pre-amp and OBEL (possible battery issue?).
 #125506  by Staemius

It's a Wolph w/ OBEL and preamp. Battery is good. Will open it up tonight to try and get an idea. Had to bend the jack prongs in last week to get a better connection. Hopefully something just as minor.
 #125523  by Staemius

I bought it direct from Phred. It stays in tune very well - and has nice tuners. I had an extra case I've been keeping it in.
 #125526  by Staemius

Fixed the issue tonight - it was a bad wire to the battery.
 #126003  by schleppy

I received my Wolph this morning...it's actually nicer than I thought it was going to be...and heavier than I expected...It has great action and tonality...it's really a good looking and feeling guitar....I have a few Super D's laying around and will eventually swap out at least the center pup but the ones that are in it don't sound bad at all...gonna throw some heavier gauge strings on her tomorrow and she's good to go..in my opinion, for the price this guitar is a steal
 #126168  by barefootdave

A good friend of mine got all hot and bothered by my purchase of the Moriarty. He ordered one of these the other day. He is an excellent player with a brilliant mind for Jerry stuff. Either I will talk him into posting here, or I will relay his feedback to you.
 #126370  by keirweir

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Wolph guitar and am wondering if there's any reason i should reconsider... Can anyone comment on the frets? Are they jumbo, were they smooth? Here's the info on the Ad

Body

Body Style Solid Body
Body Wood Swamp Ash
Body Top and Back Side Curly Maple Veneer
Bridge Tune-o-Matic Bridge
Stop Tail Piece 1950s style
Neck

Neck Wood Mahogany
Fretboard Wood Ebony
Nut Material & Width Bone (1 11/16")
Scale Length 25 1/2" scale
Neck Binding Black with White Dots
Fretboard Inlays Pearloid Inlays
Stabalization Truss Rod
Frets 24 frets (2 octaves)
Headstock

Headstock Binding Brown Pearloid
Tuning Machines 3+3 Tuning Machines (Chrome Color)
Electroincs

Pickups 1 Single Coil + 2 Humbucker Pickups
Toggle Switches Mini Toggle for Humbuckers (Series/Split Coil)
Knobs 1 Master Volume, 2 Tone (middle, bottom)
Pickup Toggle Switch 5-way Pickup Toggle Switch
On-Board Effects Loop
Wired to use external FX pre-volume knob
(requires split stereo Y-cable)
Preamp Built-in preamp (inspired by a traditional design)
Battery Box Rear-Side Battery Box
Dimensions

Size Approx 40.5" x 13" x 1.75" (H x W x D)
Weight Approx 8 lbs
Stickers (InlayStickers.com)

Body Includes traditional wolf sticker
Headstock Includes traditional gold eagle sticker
Accessories

Pickup Mounting Ring Includes additional H/H/H mounting ring
 #126567  by keirweir

Adam Deckard wrote:Could someone please post a vid of theirs if there's anyone out there who owns one?

Adam, Here's a clip of the Wolph I just scored over the weekend. Its not the best audio as its recorded on my iPhone so it helps if you turn it down just a tad. I'm playing through my Shakedown Twin head through a 1x12 loaded with a K-120.

I needed a solid 25.5 inch scale 24 fret practice-backup to my Resurrection and I'm very pleased with the guitar. I got a little carried away with it but that's life.