When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #125930  by tcsned

I am feeling like I am getting used to the Mac MC2100 and starting to get my tone dialed in to where I am really starting to like it. I am bummed I didn't get a good recording of my last gig because I finally broke out the Beyma Liberty speakers in the open back cabinet. However, the tone I got with playing some slide back in February might be the best slide tone I've ever gotten. Here's a clip of Red Rooster (it's audio only, no video), the first time we played this one in many years, and the first time I broke out the slide in several months, I'm using the Eminence Commonwealths in the ported closed back cab. Let me know what you think . . .

#125954  by tcsned

JonnyBoy wrote:Nice job! I've been messin with the slide again too, nothing on stage yet... What guitar pickups/settings?
Thanks JB! I'm using my latest guitar, the thru-neck with the OBEL and buffer. The pickup (Duncan StagMag pickups) was the middle one in humbucker mode. I'm using a ceramic slide - I love that thing it's a nice compromise with the warm tone of glass and the edge and sustain of chrome.
 #125956  by tcsned

. . . and thanks to you too WildEye! I've been thinking of dragging my old Gibson lap steel out and using that again. That 60 year-old P90 is a sweet sounding pickup.
 #125978  by WildEye

Jerry probably wouldn't agree with a 60yr old PU, thinking they went dead after a while, side note...why didn't anyone save all his used PUs? I think they would be fairly sought after. But for once I will disagree with Jerry (don't hurt me), Pus don't go bad (IMO). Post a recording when you break out the Gibson, I'd love to hear it.

I still have an old brass slide (had it since I was a teenager), may have to check out the ceramic... but I still sound worse than Bobby with one so I may have to get that sorted first :D