#125926  by Alobar

Vinetto DC 60 SB

Lollar Blonde neck and middle
Lollar Special bridge

Blocked trem and an Alembic Blaster

I also shielded the entire cavity and the back of the pick guard. Really quiet.

I must say I'm really happy with this small project. The guitar stays in tune much better with the blocked trem and it's just crisper all around with better sustain. I really dig it in position 2. With the blaster on in that spot I can really get a nice 77 tone and with the tone knobs cranked I get that sterile crystalline sound that Jerry had in the 90's playing clean. Middle position yields '72 all day long. Love the pick ups. Before I had the Blaster though I don't think they were high enough output for my needs.

#125946  by Jon S.

I love the '77 Travis Bean tone. If you're getting close with your Blaster I'm tempted to try one, too, on my Reverend Avenger.

#125955  by wleeds

do you have clips of your strat w/ blaster?

thx,
mark
 #125963  by Alobar

Ok here's a link to a clip. Keep in mind that I never record. I don't know the first thing about it really, but am starting to dabble a bit. This was made with a Blue Yeti mic into Garage Band. Guitar was plugged straight into a Dr. Z EZG 50 amp. All of it was in the #2 position for pick up selection. Ok be nice. I had to keep the amp pretty quiet because of neighbors. Sorry for the sloppy playing.

https://soundcloud.com/royalslone/stratoblaster-test