#125433  by strummingturtle

I know there are some mosvalve 962 lovers in this forum, me being one of them. was wondering if any one compared this with the newer version made by genz benz called the mosvalve 1160. It has all the same inputs and outputs on back same volume and presence controls on front. Just wondering how different is the overall sound if any?
 #125435  by strumminsix

strummingturtle wrote:I know there are some mosvalve 962 lovers in this forum, me being one of them. was wondering if any one compared this with the newer version made by genz benz called the mosvalve 1160. It has all the same inputs and outputs on back same volume and presence controls on front. Just wondering how different is the overall sound if any?
Long time no see, dude! I have owned both and could not tell a difference at all less 1 little thing less that contact cleaner works well on the 1160. Both units had scratchy pots and contact cleaner took care of the 1160 but my 962 seemed to need a shot every few months.
 #125485  by strummingturtle

I will be comparing these shortly. Just bought 2 of these 1160 amps and will try them against the the 962 I have. Thought I should have a back up power amp. Will be selling one of these at some point since I do not really need 3. They do look identical on the outside minus the logo. Just concerned if they went cheaper with the internal parts, Like most things do with time.