#125348  by guitarcats

I am GASing and that always leads to me spending money. I recently had to sell my beloved Red Special guitar for some medical bills and I will be replacing it but I thought why not combine that with another guitar I have always wanted...the TIGER!!! I will be using all the wood from the Tiger as well as the pickups and wiring but using the RS guitar body and neck. Here is a crappy photoshop job I did to let you see what I had in mind. The builder is already on board but it wont be happening until the end of this year or early next and wanted to see what my fellow heads think. Blasphemy or true brilliance! :D :shock: or :-x :roll: :|

and here is what the RS looks like without the Tiger mod...
 #125352  by Staemius

Cool! I love May and have nearly pulled the trigger on a RS several times.
 #125353  by tcsned

I'm a huge fan of blasphemy . . . and Brian May . . . and the Tiger. I say do it!
 #125388  by guitarcats

Bear62 wrote:What tcsned said! Go for it!

I am going to start collecting the parts this year and hopefully put the deposit down at the end of the year.
 #125445  by strumminsix

I'm cool with blasphemy but are you sure that the wood itself will look as good as you want it to? Painted guitars don't always look nice bare then stained.
 #125446  by barefootdave

I love the idea, agree w strumminsix to choose the wood carefully. Very creative!
 #127961  by proshy

I saw this the other day and it reminded me about this thread..

Don't know if it's 'at the same dinner table' but pretty close, at least somethin to check out

http://stadlerguitars.com/custom.html

Its got that brian may body shape with the classic irwin tiger horns

I particularly like the sunburst with the f holes, mmmmm, yes please :lol:

Somewhat reasonable price (in comparison to other replica builders)

:-) ,

proshy