rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #125343  by philzone77
 Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am
Greetings all - I can't believe it's taken this long to get registered. I've definitely been frequenting the site for some time and I look forward to meeting, collaborating, and contributing to the community! I'm currently playing in the Metro Detroit tribute Dead Again where I do my best to sketch the role of Mr. Weir playing rhythm guitar and providing lead and back-up vocals. We do have a show coming up in April if anyone is in the area - Dead Again is playing the Magic Bag in Ferndale, MI on 4.20. Tickets are $10 and pre-sale stubs are going fast! Hope you can make it!

Phil

You can find us on FB here - http://www.facebook.com/pages/DEAD-AGAI ... ts&fref=ts
 #125379  by Lunchbox16
 Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 am
Man, I wish there had been a good local Dead cover band when I lived in Detroit. Moved in aught-four, but born and raised in Rochester.

The Magic Bag is probably my all-time favorite venue in the Detroit area.
 #125408  by philzone77
 Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 am
I love the Magic Bag - It'll be my first time seeing the place from the stage, and like you I've spent a lot of time in that venue. Being in Royal Oak, I'm practically right around the block, so traveling to the gig will be a snap! I'm hoping for a good turnout - Dead Again has been around for a bit, but this is only my 2nd gig with them, and this is our first gig with the current lineup (only 1 drummer this time). Interestingly enough, I've been playing guitar for 20 years, but this will be my first show singing lead vocals! Wish me luck!