#124799  by Poor Peter

Howdy All, I spent an hour with Troy a couple of weeks back picking up my Bolt tribute. I can't even begin to tell you how nice this guitar is. It exceeded my expectations two fold. Thru neck, rosewood with maple and cherry. Brass nut, brass pick-up plate. Absolutely gorgeous. I went with all super 2's and the obel. Beautiful fret job, this thing plays like a dream. I still can't believe it's mine. The quality and craftsmanship that went into this build is hard to comprehend for the price I paid. If anyone is interested in a Jerry type build at a price that won't break the bank, go see him. He's not easy to find, but it's worth the effort. This kid is the real deal.
 #124800  by NSP

pics?
 #124801  by tigger

I wish he kept a better photo archive on his site, he's built some cool stuff.
 #124843  by Poor Peter

I don't know how to post a picture. I'll have to read up on how to do that. You should go see him, looks like you guys are almost neighbors.
 #124845  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

I am going to go see him.....to pick up the guitar he's currently working on for me. :-)
 #124848  by Poor Peter

Jam35Gr3g0ry wrote:I am going to go see him.....to pick up the guitar he's currently working on for me. :-)
You won't be disappointed. What is he building for you? I checked out the Siberian Tiger he was working on while I was there. Beautiful.
 #124850  by Tennessee Jedi

been emailing guys who play them .... there are a few here .... everyone loves them
been lusting after a Tiger
:D
 #124858  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Hey Peter,

He's making me a wolf. W/quilted maple top/back & five piece/through neck. I'll share pics when I get it. I'm going to go see him, and pick it up. Probably early April. Saying I'm psyched would be an understatement.
 #124862  by Poor Peter

He had a Wolf on his bench that he was working on when I was there. Must be yours. It will definitely be worth the wait. I still can't get over how nice this guitar is. Extremely impressive for as young as he appears to be.
Jam35Gr3g0ry wrote:Hey Peter,

He's making me a wolf. W/quilted maple top/back & five piece/through neck. I'll share pics when I get it. I'm going to go see him, and pick it up. Probably early April. Saying I'm psyched would be an understatement.
 #124863  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

He had a Wolf on his bench that he was working on when I was there. Must be yours. It will definitely be worth the wait. I still can't get over how nice this guitar is. Extremely impressive for as young as he appears to be.
Oh, I can't wait. Lucky for me, it's so busy at work the days and time is flying by. I forgot to mention, purpleheart core.
 #124866  by Chuckles

I'm lucky enough to be the owner of the burled walnut pictured on his web page heading his Jerry Garcia Tribute model category, and I love it. Stunningly beautiful, easy to play and great tones. Only thing I want to do is replace the bone nut with brass.

Congrats on your new baby!

Also, he's a great guy to deal with... Took my Ibby MC400 and did some repairs on it for free while I was breaking in the Garcia tribute, which I named Wally.

http://www.postguitars.com/postguitars_003.htm
 #125021  by Jon S.

Chuckles wrote:Only thing I want to do is replace the bone nut with brass.
Phil Jacoby in Baltimore can do it for you (and virtually anything else you can think of) as he's done for my two J-casters! Below is a pic of the top of the neck neck of the one he built me from scratch (note also his beautiful natural maple binding).

P.S. I still want you over to jam with the Thankful Dads but you keep playing hard to handle, I mean get. :lol:

http://www.philtone.com

#125062  by Pete B.

I played a friends Troy Post "Wolf" last night.
'A very nice axe with a strong inherent Jerry tone.
:cool: