#124355  by darkstar74

Have never listened to much of either of these 2 tours.finding some killer shows!! Long live the Grateful Dead!!!.....so many shows...so little time......
 #124358  by mijknahs

Lot of "Wang Dang Doodles" in '83. Gotta love the few St. Stephens. A couple on my iPod now that I like are 9/2/83 and 10/22/83.
 #124359  by ebick

The early 80s get a bad rap because they weren't always very adventurous set list wise. But that period, which was the period when I saw most of the shows I saw, had it's share of dandies.

It's not what they played, it's how they played it.
 #124383  by iampigsnout

If I can make a suggestion....The second set of 4/26/83 was one of the hands down best concerts I'd had the chance to have seen. The Phil bombs at the end of Truckin require a subwoofer to get the full effect. I seem to remember being blown back into the seat. The Help-Slip-Franklin and (later on) Dew are high water marks
 #124732  by darkstar74

Hey, pigsnout, i just got ta this show this past weekend....this 4/26/83 philly fkn smokes!!!.....
 #124756  by tcsned

I remember those years fondly as I was just getting on the bus. Hampton 83 stood out as did Richmond in the fall.
 #124766  by tigerstrat

Syracuse '84 has the slammin' Jack Straw.
 #124787  by myoung6923

That's when I started eyeing the Dead a lot. I love most eras of the Dead - but these 2 years are my favorite - maybe just because I was there... I just love their whole sound then - and Jerry's warm tone. Thats still the ideal tone that i would love to nail. So good!