#124545  by guitarcats

Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question but I did my searching and couldnt find the answer I was looking for. I have a MC50 and SMS in route but the SMS will be headed to Brad to add the Jerry mod so I will be with the MC50 for a bit. My quetion is, can I run just the mac without the preamp to test it out without doing any damage? Thanks in advance! :-)
 #124548  by guitarcats

mkaufman wrote:I would say yes, however, without a preamp, I don't think you'll get much volume.

mk

Thats what I was thinking but didnt want to take a chance and fry something. I wanted to see how well the MC50 worked and didnt have to get it worked on.
 #124556  by mijknahs

You will be able to run something through it to test it. Do you have a stereo receiver or maybe even your guitar with some kind of boost pedal (distortion with level up). Try even an iPod. It will be put out a decent level of sound. Not super loud but should be a decent "comfortable" volume.
 #124561  by guitarcats

mijknahs wrote:You will be able to run something through it to test it. Do you have a stereo receiver or maybe even your guitar with some kind of boost pedal (distortion with level up). Try even an iPod. It will be put out a decent level of sound. Not super loud but should be a decent "comfortable" volume.

I will try that, thanks again for the input.
 #124571  by Smolder

if you have a PA mixer, that is a preamp. Also, an iPod will work to test it.