#124495  by Stella Bloo

i own all the DVD's that have been produced, it seems like there is nothing new that has come out in DVD in quite some time. It seems they filmed alot of concerts, I was wondering if anyone thinks they are done releasing DVD's/video's? I really enjoy, watching them and cranking up the stereo at home. (I wish they would stop with the acid trip graphics though and just show the boys playing)

Thoughts?
 #124496  by TRG

Same here...wish they would release more video AND cut the brutal graphic effects :lol:
 #124499  by TRG

mkaufman wrote:I would love videos where one can choose an angle (ie: just show Bob or Phil, etc).

Kinda like a multi-track video as opposed to audio?

Yes, get rid of the graphics!

mk
IIRC, you are able to choose the angle on one of the Winterland DVDs...? Although, I don't remember it changing the view that dramatically.
 #124502  by ebick

Right, but there's no way we get what we're really after.......just keep the camera on the hands and the neck.... :smile:
 #124506  by ricepr

mkaufman wrote:
ebick wrote:Right, but there's no way we get what we're really after.......just keep the camera on the hands and the neck.... :smile:
Bingo!

mk

well I like the occasional shot of happy hippies. But yeah, the option would be nice! (WTF chord IS Bobby playin dammit....)
 #124515  by TRG

ebick wrote:Right, but there's no way we get what we're really after.......just keep the camera on the hands and the neck.... :smile:
The worst is when they have the camera on Jer's guitar...he's just about to rip into a searing lead...and they pan over to Brent :?
 #124516  by Stella Bloo

I was watching last night and they are ripping into a great jam and they cover it with stupid graphics, at least allow us to have th eoption to turn the graphics off or something. Just wish they would release more video, they must have it.
 #124526  by NSP

I've been hopin' for ages that they'd put out a DVD release of Sunshine Daydream - August 27, 1972.
I used to have a VHS copy back in the day...
 #124528  by tigger

NSP wrote:I've been hopin' for ages that they'd put out a DVD release of Sunshine Daydream - August 27, 1972.
I used to have a VHS copy back in the day...
You can find a really nice DVD of that on Lossless Legs. Huge file but great picture/sound.
 #124529  by Charlie

I bought a copy of Sunshine Daydream last year from Amazon UK. It's titled "At Old Renaissance Fair Grounds 1972" and is a fair chunk but not all of the show. It's a little bit iffy as far as whether or not it's a bootleg but the quality of the footage is good. There are some pretty ordinary animated graphics over a lot of Darkstar that I could have lived without and there is hardly any footage of Keith Godchaux. (Although plenty of topless young ladies in the crowd. It was a very hot day after all) Overall though the five piece line up is HOT and it's a really spacey trippy performance. Quite possibly the best Dead I have on DVD.

One I haven't managed to track down but believe is out there somewhere is the Tivoli Gardens Copenhagen Show from the 72 tour. This was originally a TV broadcast and I have no idea who would have the rights to it.
 #124538  by Dozin

I could be totally wrong about this but the graphics that we see I don't think are edited in when they make these DVDs. To me the footage is exactly what we saw on the big screens at the show. Didn't care for the graphics then either.