#124421  by jeager

So it took me a while to get this done, been gigging with the thing for a while now and everybody loves the sound. I recorded some clips cause I been snowed in and layed up (smashed my knee while shoveling) . The clips are kind of uninspired and recorded at bedroom level but you get an idea... I played a few bits with the middle position super II split, the last two bits are with the bridge (Lollar imperial) and Neck (Lollar special)... I wanted to do something different with the positions that Jerry didn't use too much...I love the Lollars, wish I could have turned up the amp a bit more cuase that neck pup does some wild stuff when the amp gets cranking. Anyway, Andrew Olson put the guitar together for me (I did the dye job with the name stella blue in mind) and it is really sweet.
https://soundcloud.com/chxfeet/audio
https://soundcloud.com/chxfeet/audio?ut ... feet/audio

Last edited by jeager on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #124425  by jeager

Oh good, i did not think the sound cloud link was working. Its the SMS Earth Drive & CTP (carbon film mod) through a Mesa 50/50 into jbl K120. The Earth Drive is on the whole time with a low gain setting and the guitars volume is at about 60%. The power amp was hardly on... bed room level. When i get to turn it up it has a bit more character.

So to answer question, its the Mesa 50/50 power amp. JJ tubes
 #124428  by cmc64

Just beautiful. My Strat - ash body/amber finish and birdseye maple neck/fretboard are going to Andrew soon for Jerryfication. I have all the parts but I want his expertise in putting it together. Tremendous work - I can't wait to get mine done. I went with Super Distortions for the bridge and middle (dig that 1978 tone) and a Scott Walker Super 2 Single coil for the neck. Something a bit different than the standard, just as you have done. I am going to check you sound samples in a minute. I just got a 15' OBEL cable and The Wheel from Andrew and his work is nothing short of stunning. Enjoy you axe. It really is sharp!!!

I am running Mesa MK IIA -> JBL K-120 2x12. K-120's are IT! Right on!
 #124430  by jeager

I had Andrew do that neck mount with the threaded inserts, it makes a really solid joint and clean on the back (see photo) plus he did the Buzz Feiton intonation system and put titanium saddles on the bridge... it all makes for a guitar that is just a blast to play.

The Warmoth body is chambered swamp ash, very light and resonant...it doesn't weigh 13 pounds like Tiger did but it still sounds great, I think there was a late 70s theory about heavy begin good for tone or sustain that has proven to be totally false ... The neck is fretted with stainless steel frets which feel pretty great btw.

Those sound cloud links don't seem to be working for me if someone can tell me what im doing wrong...
Last edited by jeager on Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #124431  by cmc64

We spoke of just that and my guitar should be done in the same fashion. I am beyond excited. I was before, but after seeing and hearing the final work I am READY!
 #124457  by joethepainter

Beautiful guitar, sounds sweet! The links work for me, as well. I hear what you're saying about bedroom volume, but it's enough to get the gist. The Althea clip sounds spanky, with some quack to it, too...is that the super 2 split? Anyways, whatever it is, it's workin! :-)
 #124459  by jeager

Yea, thats the superII split on althea...its probably my fingerpicking style that gives it a bit of spanky quack, I tend to slap with my thumb whenever I can get away with it...years of playing solo acoustic lead me to a percussive fingerpicking approach that I bring back whenever I can get away with it.