#124053  by Jon S.

Have you been writing new music?

No, but I've been listening to stuff and just falling in love with certain things. I've been listening to the Grateful Dead nonstop. Mark my words, the Grateful Dead are gonna make a comeback, because of how that music cleanses your palate. When everything is processed and quantized and gridded out – to hear "Tennessee Jed" played with that lope is a real palate-cleanser. They take their time, sometimes too much. This free expressive sort of spirit – I listen and I want to find a mix of that openness. I kind of want to go to that show, if it still existed. But I wish that there were tunes that I was more familiar with. I wish that I could be the singer. I wish I could have harmonies. And I wish that I could make it seven minutes instead of 13 minutes. Now I'll get the opportunity to kind of try that.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... y-20130130
 #124068  by ricepr

Well I'd like the 13 minutes, maybe he can only do 7 good ones :-)

Just got a Mayer strat. Was looking for a strat to jerrify, and the neck on this and the big frets and how it played was just about the best strat I've ever played. The tortise guard and refrigerator white covers have to go as they are butt ugly. Not sure if I wanna rout this for two buckers, just buffer and pickups changed prolly.
 #124083  by eric

Maybe to some , Mayer gets overlooked because of his earlier "commercial" image , but I feel he is an really decent , modern-blues based musician . It makes sense he would be into the Dead. I think he's basically a hippie from Ct.. Cool covers would be welcome ..