Chat about Equipment Info
 #121814  by Tennessee Jedi

tumbledownshack wrote:Where can I buy these picks?

I have wanted to try them for years, but I thought they didn't make them anymore.

Trey from Phish uses them too.
Pm me your addy ... I will send you one
:smile:
 #122443  by Sparechaynge

Regarding the Telefunken picks (please don't hate me!),
Where do you guys buy them from? This page?: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

I like the grip better than the Adamas, but I want to be sure that these are real and not a scam or something.

Thanks
 #122452  by joethepainter

Sparechaynge wrote:Regarding the Telefunken picks (please don't hate me!),
Where do you guys buy them from? This page?: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg

I like the grip better than the Adamas, but I want to be sure that these are real and not a scam or something.

Thanks
Yep, that's them. I prefer these picks, as well.
 #122666  by Jon S.

If those Telefunkens are good enough for Joethepainter and SpareChaynge, they're good enough for me. Just bought a bag! Now I can get a 3-way rotation going (Adamas-V-Picks-Telefunken). :D
 #122714  by Sparechaynge

Thanks!

I'm going to get a bag of 2mm and a bag of 3mm. I'm really digging my 2.75mm V-Pick, the thinner ones don't have the same fullness to my ears. I just can't get thinner picks to sound like Jer, or be useable on bass and guitar. Need more bang for the buck at these prices.
 #122722  by Scarlet

The Adamas picks are the the longest lasting plectrums I've ever used. I used the same 2 Adamas picks all through 2012 and I play every day. Even now they have only worn down very slightly. The only disadvantage of them is I find I get a black thumb from the graphite after a gig or after playing for a couple of hours.
 #122723  by joethepainter

Jon S. wrote:If those Telefunkens are good enough for Joethepainter and SpareChaynge, they're good enough for me. Just bought a bag! Now I can get a 3-way rotation going (Adamas-V-Picks-Telefunken). :D
Ha! I picked up a bag of Adamas recently, and have been digging them too...I'm gonna order up some V-Picks over the weekend. I recall posting in your travelling picks thread about finding the V's too clicky, well I just found some clear Gravity picks in my acoustic case, they must have been what I was referring to...I strummed a little with a Gravity pick on my acoustic, it sounded like a baseball card stuck in bike spokes!
Sparechaynge wrote:Thanks!

I'm going to get a bag of 2mm and a bag of 3mm. I'm really digging my 2.75mm V-Pick, the thinner ones don't have the same fullness to my ears. I just can't get thinner picks to sound like Jer, or be useable on bass and guitar. Need more bang for the buck at these prices.
Yea, they're all pricey, but worth it! I can't use thin picks for anything anymore....

Peace, Joe
 #122786  by TRG

Yea, they're all pricey, but worth it! I can't use thin picks for anything anymore....

Peace, Joe
Me neither, love the 2mm Adamas. I can't believe I used to use a .60mm pick :lol:
 #123988  by Sparechaynge

Got my Telefunken's about a week ago, and I'm loving them. I haven't played plugged in too much, but even unplugged they sound good. Yay Jerry sounds! :D :D
 #124018  by guitarcats

I was sold the first time I tried one and have since bought one more bag of 12. Should last me and my son a lifetime.
 #124023  by tigger

How long it has taken someone to wear out an Adamas? I got a few loose ones last year and ended up ordering 4 bags, but am nowhere near the point of having to open one. I do tend to use the rounded corners a lot, though.
 #124040  by Sparechaynge

Tigger Wrote:
I do tend to use the rounded corners a lot, though.
+1. the round edges sound really great.
 #125539  by Jon S.

Jon S. wrote:I'm going to admit that I've become an Adamas apostate. I still dig them but prefer the V-Pick 1.5 mm Traditional. In fact, I did a blind (for the listeners) A-B test with my band on Sunday and it was unanimous - better Jerry tones with the V-Pick. Though this finding, of course, must be taken in the context of my full rig which overlaps with, but is not identical to, Jerry's. The bottom line remains, "Listen with your ears, not your expectations."
My apostasy is over. I'm back to graphite again (preferring Telefunkens for the moment).