Chat about Equipment Info
 #124004  by BucketRider

Hey guys...I have read most of posts here about pups for strats and I'm still not sure. Seems like DAllen 69 Voodoo is the way to go for the 72 sound. It's tough picking new pups. Also can someone give me info on the stratoblaster(where to buy, where it goes, etc). After I choose the pick ups I will be taking it to my guy to install and we are going to check all the components as thee maybe some wiring issues.

Next, if I'm going to redo all of the switches, pots volume and tone, are there recommendations for overhauling my strat?

I appreciate the help as this is confusing to me. I just want to walk into my guitar tech and tell him exactly what I want to do. Thx.
 #124009  by Mr.Burns

http://alembic.stores.yahoo.net/blaster.html

Thats the link to the real deal. There are other options, but if you're not using an OBEL then it's the easiest solution. I built a GGG(General Guitar Gadgets) blaster from parts I located on my own. It was incredibly inexpensive, between $10-20, but some parts are a little scarce at times. The beauty of DIYing one was that I was able to install it wherever it suited me, and now where my second tone pot used to be, I have a camouflaged gain control, which is pretty cool, and much more useful than having independent tone controls.

DAlllen pickups are amazing. For the $ you can't go wrong. As far as parts, buy the highest quality parts you can get your hands on, and they will likely last a lifetime. Sealed, mil-spec pots are definitely the way to go.
 #124102  by wleeds

I have used the 57/62's, still do in a couple of strats. However I am now in LOOVEEEE with the Vintage Vibe. I have tried most of the newer SC's around today and these seem to have the most balanced/transparent frequency response of everything. They can capture all of those 71-77 tones. Build quality is second to none. I would recommend trying them and if you don't like them , sell them
 #124103  by ricepr

wleeds wrote:I have used the 57/62's, still do in a couple of strats. However I am now in LOOVEEEE with the Vintage Vibe. I have tried most of the newer SC's around today and these seem to have the most balanced/transparent frequency response of everything. They can capture all of those 71-77 tones. Build quality is second to none. I would recommend trying them and if you don't like them , sell them
I was wondering about the P90 sounding single coils they have