#118975  by The Stag

does anyone have a video or any audio of getting a early or mid 80s sound out of a fx? ive been thinking about getting one alot lately. or using the tone match?
 #119103  by mrMix

OK let's talk about amp/cabinet solutions for live playing...
Iv'e spent time tweaking my tone and not looking to then just turn off the IR/cab sim and go with something completely different (greenback in a closed cab for instance). Looking at active speaker solutions - been using a smaller pair of FRFR studio monitors at home and love it - and the best value looks like the QSC for features and quality. I see lower priced alternatives (Mackie, Behrenger) but not quite sure they "cut" it.

What are other folks using?
 #119134  by playingdead

I use a pair of QSC K12s on stage (one next to my vocal wedges, one where my 2X12 cabinet used to go for front fill). Three years pushing them hard for 3 hours every gig, everything from huge stages to small clubs and never had a problem. If the club has iffy monitors, I will sometimes us the other channel on the front K12 for my vocals.
 #119394  by The Stag

so out of all the people on this board with the axe fx has anyone gotten any 80s sounding garcia tones out of it? I know Vic has the 90s tone pretty exellent and thats awesome, but not exactly what im looking for.
 #119591  by The Stag

so could anyone post a clip of them using their axe fx? im just curious how other people can get them to sound or maybe the ll using tone match?
 #123612  by darkstar

Yeah, I am going to check one out locally from someone who was kind enough to offer a test spin for me. I just love the idea of having all these amps I wish I could have owned in one box. All the videos I have heard so far were truly amazing compared to any other modeler I have heard.
 #123674  by barefootdave

So I am considering using my AxeFX for the new band, does anyone have the fractal pedal or are you using a generic midi pedal?
 #123680  by playingdead

Ground Control Pro for me. And a cheap-o Roland expression pedal for wah, phaser rate, delay level, etc. AxeFX will also power the Ground Control but you need the Rocktron 7-pin MIDI cable to do it.
 #123749  by jeager

I was about an inch from getting the fractal about a month ago and stalled, ended up getting a new pedal board, power supply and loop switcher...something about old analog stuff draws me in...on the other hand, I could sell all that stuff and just carry the fractal and a powered monitor and by the looks of it have all the effects and amp sounds I ever wanted... Is tempting...

Question, Vic seems to really like the qsc k12. I have been looking at getting a pair, but maybe getting the k10s. Any reason why I need to go with the K12?

The k10s have as much power and nearly the same bass response, Jerry tone settings roll the bass off anyway. The k10s are more compact and have wider dispersion. I would also use them for gigs in small rooms and acoustic stuff.

Anyone try setting up the fractal for use with acoustic guitar? If you can tone match with it seems like you could create a nice setting, add a little reverb and compression and have a nice acoustic rig with that and a k10 or 12