#123347  by EMF

Hey all you Philophiles out there. I am currently using a Eden 410 and an Eden 210 from my gig rig. I power it all with an Eden WT800. Just wondering if any of y'all have any suggestions for a lighter weight rig. obviously I prefer not to sacrifice too much in the tone dept. but damn those cabinets get heavy at the end of the night

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
 #123362  by ugly rumor

I used to have two Bag End 15 cabinets that I loved, playing a Thunderfunk head. Lightest way to go, with exceptional tone, especially for Emminence speakers. I wish I had them back.
 #123395  by Rusty the Scoob

I have Eminence Neo speakers (Delta lite series, I believe) in both of my cabs since I blew up the originals and the weight savings is amazing, especially on the 15" cab, which happens to be an older Eden. Combine that with my 11 lb Crown XLS2500 power amp and I've got a rig that's no problem to move around every weekend, even stairs don't phase me.
 #123407  by Todd GT5

I'm using either of the two GK light weight combo amps I have for all of my gigs. The one I have been using for a few years is the GK MB212. It's 500 watts at 4ohms into two neo 12's. I can dial most any tone I want and it weighs 37lbs. I recently picked up a GK MB410, it's 49lbs 500 watts at 4ohms and 4 neo 10's, The MB410 has their new feature of a special output to add their neo powered extension cabs, which I want to utilize someday.

-Todd
 #123408  by EMF

thanks fellas. food for thought

rusty, I think you've been playing with my old college mate Bob in the Garcia Project. tell him eric says hi
 #123454  by EMF

thanks Zambiland. wish there was some way to test drive the fearful cabs as I've read a lot about them and what I've read has certainly piqued my interest.
 #123464  by EMF

Rustoy, you lost me at workbench lol

anyone have any experience with a Bergantino AE410?
 #123490  by ugly rumor

I have tried the Bergantino, and did not really like it. A friend of mine, who has great ears and taste, loves his. I have heard Edwin's fEARFUL, and it sounded incredibly good. Of course, he is a great bass player, and would probably make a solid state Silvertone sound great.
 #123537  by Walknbluez

I'm in the same boat as EMF. I was pretty much talked into the D410XLT based on BassplayerLB's input and then when watching the Furthur stream last night I was in "I gotta have that rig mode". Then this morning it occurred to me that it is a pretty heavy cab to lug at the end of the night. I still may go check out this Genz Benz Uber 212 that I saw on CL locally.
 #123559  by BassPlayerLB

I don't mind having to carry mine around because I get a tone out of it I have yet to be able to get from other cabs. I went to office depot and bought a dolly for $25 and problem solved. Now the only time I have to worry about the weight is when picking it up to put in my trunk. I'd rather have to lift a few extra pounds at the end of the night and know I'm getting the tone I want then to sacrifice my tone for simplicity.
 #123562  by Walknbluez

BassPlayerLB wrote:I don't mind having to carry mine around because I get a tone out of it I have yet to be able to get from other cabs. I went to office depot and bought a dolly for $25 and problem solved. Now the only time I have to worry about the weight is when picking it up to put in my trunk. I'd rather have to lift a few extra pounds at the end of the night and know I'm getting the tone I want then to sacrifice my tone for simplicity.
I have a dolly too!

In your opinion, how would a 225 watt tube amp sound through the D410XLT considering that the cab is rated at 700 Watts if I remember correctly. And is there a difference doing two D210XLT's, where you could use one for rehearsals and both for gigs?
 #123817  by EMF

thanks zambiland. seriously considering the 15/6/1. talking to a builder in ma
 #123829  by Rusty the Scoob

EMF wrote:thanks zambiland. seriously considering the 15/6/1. talking to a builder in ma
Let me know how you do, please! I've got mine half-built and am strongly considering paying for somebody to complete them.