#123389  by gr8fl4295

Was looking over on TGP at a thread that hasn't really been answered.
They were trying to figure out what effect pedal Jerry was using on Shining Star.
It sounds absolutely beautiful, like a steel guitar sound.
Anyone know how to achieve this effect?
(comes in about 1:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKjwqvfORHc
Last edited by gr8fl4295 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #123391  by strumminsix

Sounds like a combination of fast and prominent slap-back delay with bending double stops like country dudes and volume causing a feedback like ring.
 #123396  by Tennessee Jedi

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:Whammy pedal. It's tricky to stay in the key. I would refer to it as a faux-pedal-steel tone, not really a "slide" tone because it's creating a bending harmony like the way a pedal steel bends notes in harmony. When I saw him "dabble" with it, he never quite had it nailed. The potential was there though.

Uh, I just watched your video link. That's pretty damn tasty stuff right there Jerry....

B
 #123419  by weshunter

Whatever that is, it sounds awesome. Might have to play around with the whammy on my M13 some. Whatever he's got going for delay on that sounds great too.
 #123428  by tigerstrat

Shining Star and Eyes Of The Maker were the two big Whammy Pedal tunes... of course by the summer of '95 GD tour, he was leaning hard on it in like every jam. The Scarlet> Fire in Seattle springs to mind.
 #123433  by myoung6923

You could check out the digitech harmony man. It reads the chord progression that you are playing and selects the appropriate mode for it so that your harmonies are all in key no matter what chord you are on. It's really cool and a big step up from the Whammy. You can also select the mode that you want by holding down one of the pedals and strumming a chord.

You can do a total of 3 part harmonies - all in key.

I really like this thing - it sounds amazing.

http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/harmonyman