When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #122975  by myoung6923

Fennario
Standing on the Moon
Collin Young Memorial Benefit Concert
Whitman-Hanson Regional High School
Performing Arts Center
12/15/2012

A lovely view of heaven, but I'd rather be with you...

#123012  by myoung6923

Thanks!

Yes, the benefit was a huge success. We raised about $10,000! We will be setting it up as an endowment and will continue adding to every year - both personally and through other annual fundraisers.

It has been such a personally rewarding and beneficial thing for me to do. It the past several months after my son died it gave me a focus, a direction and a purpose. I was busy every single day working towards this. In a way, it kept me from spinning out - it gave me something positive to do with all of the negativity. It kept me from getting lost inside all of the grief... Also, it was so heart warming to see how many people cared - both for me as well as my son. The amount of people and businesses that donated was just outstanding.

My son played guitar as well - although he never took it very seriously. About a year ago he decided that he finally wanted me to give him lessons. I had told him that we could pick a song to work on and that he could play it with the band at one of our gigs. His girlfriend told me that he was so excited about this prospect - and that he would talk to her and fantasize about what it would be like. Unfortunately, we never did get that opportunity. But, I had a big picture of him blown up on a canvas print - which was on an easel next me on my side of the stage. For that night - he DID get to join me on stage.

It truly was an amazing night all around - and a very healing thing for me and my family.

So much fun...