Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #121983  by mijknahs

Yeah, half price seems like a good buy. No extra money but I'd like to try them...
 #122100  by tcsned

Dropped the price to $275 - now they're mine. I don't have any JBLs to compare them too but I've got two pretty identical cabs and one is loaded with Eminence Commonwealth's so I should be able to do a good comparison between those two. Woot!
 #122101  by Jon S.

I was wondering if it was someone here who bought them. I was dicking around this very morning going back and forth on whether to buy them and then they were gone. Great price! If you decide to sell one of the pair, PM me, please.
 #122114  by tcsned

Jon S. wrote:I was wondering if it was someone here who bought them. I was dicking around this very morning going back and forth on whether to buy them and then they were gone. Great price! If you decide to sell one of the pair, PM me, please.
No doubt, I can't wait to give 'em a spin. If I do decide to part with them I'll let you know.
 #122115  by Tennessee Jedi

tcsned wrote:Dropped the price to $275 - now they're mine. I don't have any JBLs to compare them too but I've got two pretty identical cabs and one is loaded with Eminence Commonwealth's so I should be able to do a good comparison between those two. Woot!
Yeah man .... I was gonna get Beyma's but cheaped out and got Commonwealths - Love them so far - would love to hear your A/B of them ...
:D
 #122117  by tcsned

Tennessee Jedi wrote: Yeah man .... I was gonna get Beyma's but cheaped out and got Commonwealths - Love them so far - would love to hear your A/B of them ...
:D
I've been really happy with the Commonwealth's. If I didn't have a cab sitting empty and that deal popping up I wouldn't have been in the market.
 #122127  by keirweir

tcsned wrote:Dropped the price to $275 - now they're mine. I don't have any JBLs to compare them too but I've got two pretty identical cabs and one is loaded with Eminence Commonwealth's so I should be able to do a good comparison between those two. Woot!

Hey man... Chances are those speakers don't have many hours on them. You may want to ask the seller if you haven't already. I say this because when I first got my Beyma's they were very tight sounding and to be honest didn’t sound that good. After about 6 months they started to break in and now they sound amazing.

Good luck
:smile:
 #122196  by tcsned

Delivered this morning! I'll try to get them hooked up Friday night and do a little A/B testing with the Commonwealths.
 #122198  by ccw3432

Excellent. I'm anxious to hear how they A/B with the Commonwealths as well.
 #122951  by tcsned

Well, the speakers arrived and I tested them out and they sounded fantastic at low volume but when I turned them up they started distorting really badly. I noticed one speaker had a tear in the cone but both were having issues. I'm thinking the box got dropped and the voice coils got misaligned and were rubbing. They were packed standing on the sides instead of magnet down which seems like it might make them more vulnerable to damage from a drop. FEDEX has paid the shipping insurance so no harm done. But when the check is finally deposited I'm gonna order a new set.

The differences might be in the open back I cut out of that cab. The one I'm using now has a ported, closed back with a lot of batting inside. The other one I cut the backs out and removed all the batting. Much brighter and bell-like than the Commonwealth speakers in the closed back cab. I may cut the back out of that one too. I'll post clips when I finally get them new speakers in.
 #122954  by Smolder

Sorry man... I know how frustrating that is.

I had two original cone JBL speakers (two separate purchases) arrive damaged due to poor packing... even after I offered advice and was assured they would 'pack like a champ'.

The only thing worse is receiving poorly packed speakers that don't (yet) show damage...
 #122956  by tcsned

Smolder wrote:Sorry man... I know how frustrating that is.

I had two original cone JBL speakers (two separate purchases) arrive damaged due to poor packing... even after I offered advice and was assured they would 'pack like a champ'.

The only thing worse is receiving poorly packed speakers that don't (yet) show damage...
Yeah, I was a little worried since other than the one torn cone there was no visible damage but FedEx was cool and covered it. It was worth a try.
 #122963  by Jon S.

Sorry to learn of your problems with the speakers but glad FedEx stepped up to the plate for you. Myself, I ended up copping an E120 so I'm set now.