rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

Chat about Equipment Info
 #122708  by waldo041
 Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:08 pm
playingdead wrote:This was posted in response to the Mike Gordon rig video ... great stuff. Quality gets better after first minute or two.

i think it came out a few days before Mikes breakdown. it was posted on the dec 29th in this thread.

forum/viewtopic.php?f=425&t=12470&start=15

~waldo
 #122730  by Lephty
 Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:54 am
I've gotta say, I recently got a couple new distortion pedals (an Earth Drive and a TS9/808 mod from Analogman), and after watching Trey's video I re-arranged the order of my pedals, putting my compressor (an Analogman Bi-Comp) after the distortion, and HOLY SHIT...best tone I have ever had, hands down. Crank that TS up all the way, squash it down with some compression...that's the ticket right there. And I can't say enough about the Earth Drive, too. I can't friggin' wait until my next gig so that I can play this rig again.

I'm kind of a troglodyte when it comes to gear--I like to set it and forget it, so to speak, and I had been playing virtually the same rig for 10 years. Now I'm bummed to know what I've been missing.
 #122750  by TI4-1009
 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:14 pm
i think it came out a few days before Mikes breakdown.~waldo
?? Did I miss something??
 #122925  by PaulJay
 Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:22 pm
Considering how many effects and cables Trey uses wouldn't he benefit by using a ugb in his guitar? ,Paul
 #123182  by cincinnatiohio
 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:36 am
aiq wrote:Nice vid. I'm trying to get my PB into a somewhat permanent array so when my [secret] gets to me it'll be set AND I'll be familar. I liked TA's comment about familiarity.
Yeah definitely noticed the familiarity comment. He's probably not even thinking about because he is so used to it.
 #123183  by cincinnatiohio
 Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 am
PaulJay wrote:Considering how many effects and cables Trey uses wouldn't he benefit by using a ugb in his guitar? ,Paul
I wondered the same exact thing. Why wouldn't anyone use some sort of impedance buffer if they are using many pedals and have longer cord lengths...?