#122017  by moonliner

Hey Edwin,

lovely moments there.

This is probably not what you are looking for, but for distortion with gobs of bowel moving low end I love my ZVex Wolly Mammoth pedal. Whenever I use it people always ask me after the show how I get that sound. Again, it's not quite what Phil has going here, but I thought you might be interested.
 #122399  by ugly rumor

Have to agree with you on that one, edwin. Check out the second set opener "Scarlet Begonias" on the Phil & Friends Essex Junction, Vermont, 7/12/2006. The opposite dynamics, but oh, so good!
 #122428  by BassPlayerLB

I had been trying to find a good pedal for Phil like distortion tones for awhile. Lately I've been using the Soundblox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion pedal and love it! I can get everything from late 60's Phil tone, to 73-74 Phil distortion, to his modern distortion, and even some synth like space effects... While on the subject, one of my favorite Phil distortion moments is 9-11-73 in between Dark Star and Morning Dew there is a good 3 minutes or so of just Phil and his distortion tone is awesome!
 #122571  by Rowjimmy151

Thanks for posting Zambiland, I haven't heard or seen this Dew in ages. I think 5:53 may be the best Phil-bomb of all time, and his facial expression is pure joy. I miss that tone!
 #122644  by tigerstrat

this show has perhaps the best of the "Philo Stomp" bass solos: 10/18/72 St. Louis

not to mention some "Godzilla-destroys-Tokyo"-type Dark Star carnage. Darkscarnage?