When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #122020  by tcsned

I saw this on Facebook this morning. Pretty cool . . .
 #122021  by strumminsix

tcsned wrote:I saw this on Facebook this morning. Pretty cool . . .
Who is that? Black Crowes dude?

If so I'm shocked. Dude looks like he aged 25 years since he was on tour with Phil.
 #122026  by Rusty the Scoob

strumminsix wrote:
tcsned wrote:I saw this on Facebook this morning. Pretty cool . . .
Who is that? Black Crowes dude?

If so I'm shocked. Dude looks like he aged 25 years since he was on tour with Phil.
Can't tell much by that tiny/grainy picture about his age, other than the Touch of grey in his beard - pretty understandable for a 45 year old.
 #122028  by FretfulDave

strumminsix wrote:Neal Casal? http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanetobin/8268296309/
Looks like. The next picture on that Flickr page pretty much settles it...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanetobin ... otostream/

Casal playing Wolf and Robinson at the mic with his guitar on stage with the Chris Robinson Brotherhood.
 #122029  by tigerstrat

Garcia didn't use an OBEL on that guitar for his best performances on it (arguably 73-74). Even after it had one installed he didn't use it for JGB tours of late 77/early 78. Robinson probably doesn't use a lot of voltage-sensitive effects.
 #122031  by tcsned

tigerstrat wrote:Garcia didn't use an OBEL on that guitar for his best performances on it (arguably 73-74). Even after it had one installed he didn't use it for JGB tours of late 77/early 78. Robinson probably doesn't use a lot of voltage-sensitive effects.
Or the proper cabling
 #122033  by RiverRat

tcsned wrote:
tigerstrat wrote:Garcia didn't use an OBEL on that guitar for his best performances on it (arguably 73-74). Even after it had one installed he didn't use it for JGB tours of late 77/early 78. Robinson probably doesn't use a lot of voltage-sensitive effects.
Or the proper cabling
I bet he doesn't even have to proper Bear Speaker Clips either...
 #122048  by mgbills

You know...and this is hard to admit...
...I'd kinda like-ta play that Wolf guitar...even with the wrong cables, and no OBEL.

The magic flavor sprinkle speaker clips almost capped it for me as a no-no, but I'm just barely on the side of wanting to give Wolfy a rip or two.

I know...I know...pick on me if you want. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #122049  by Tennessee Jedi

mgbills wrote:You know...and this is hard to admit...
...I'd kinda like-ta play that Wolf guitar...even with the wrong cables, and no OBEL.
I would be all thumbs but it would be a blast
:smile:
 #122056  by paulinnc

Does anyone know who is the actual owner of the wolf these days? I thought it was bought by some guy in a Chicago based band that I can't remember for the life of me.
 #122059  by Mr.Burns

According to Waldo's site, Dan Pritzker owns Wolf. According to Forbes, he also has $1,600,000,000, which makes him one of the richest people in America. So, I'm guessing it's unlikely he would sell it. He should get together with Jim Irsay and jam. :D

I googled him and discovered he wrote and directed a film about Louis Armstrong. I bet it would be cool to be appallingly rich and do whatever kinda crazy shit you want, like buy Jerry Garcia's guitar or make a flippin movie about something you're totally into. Wtf...