#121897  by tigerstrat

Garcia on a Gibson... ES-175?!

Fogerty on a neat-looking Epiphone double-cut hollow featuring a battery of slider switches.

Photos HERE: http://www.gdao.org/zoom?ark=ark%3A%2F3 ... 826655&c=0

these contact sheets are yielding a lot of rare glimpses.
 #122007  by mgbills

Bill Vitt is the uncle of a buddy of mine. I wish he was visible. Can see the kit, but not much else.
I'll see if I can get some commentary.

Way cool.
Peace
M
 #122012  by tigerstrat

mgbills wrote:Bill Vitt is the uncle of a buddy of mine. I wish he was visible. Can see the kit, but not much else.
There are several close-ups of Vitt on other sheets.

Search (restrict to "Images") under "1970", "1971", "1972" and take a Zoom look at all the contact sheets you see, mostly with titles like "Jerry Garcia & Unidentified Musicians" ...

... here is a treasure trove of NRPS, Garcia & Saunders, Old & In The Way, and of course many previously unseen glimpses into this era Grateful Dead. NICE!

Some of the "1970" results are where I found much of the Garcia & Saunders and others, even though the years of most of these photos are obviously from 72, 73 & 74. There are lots of misidentified musicians and dates throughout the archive it seems...
 #122014  by zambiland

tigerstrat wrote:
mgbills wrote:Bill Vitt is the uncle of a buddy of mine. I wish he was visible. Can see the kit, but not much else.
There are several close-ups of Vitt on other sheets.

Search (restrict to "Images") under "1970", "1971", "1972" and take a Zoom look at all the contact sheets you see, mostly with titles like "Jerry Garcia & Unidentified Musicians" ...

... here is a treasure trove of NRPS, Garcia & Saunders, Old & In The Way, and of course many previously unseen glimpses into this era Grateful Dead. NICE!

Some of the "1970" results are where I found much of the Garcia & Saunders and others, even though the years of most of these photos are obviously from 72, 73 & 74. There are lots of misidentified musicians and dates throughout the archive it seems...
That's for sure. They claim Brent is in a shot that seems to be from '71 or '72.
 #122024  by mgbills

Tigerstrat...
Am I searching within gdao, or a general Google-type image search? Tried Google to no avail....well at least not in the first 3 pages of images. Mostly pics of the CD cover.

Thanks.
 #122030  by tigerstrat

mgbills wrote:Tigerstrat...
Am I searching within gdao, or a general Google-type image search? Tried Google to no avail....well at least not in the first 3 pages of images. Mostly pics of the CD cover.
No, I'm referring to the GDAO Search function. Just try typing "1970" in and then selecting "Images"
 #122038  by tigerstrat

SNWRS wrote:It appears to me that Garcia is playing a Gibson Byrdland.
hmm, with that sharp-pointed cutaway? Byrdlands I've seen have the rounded cutaway.
 #122051  by mgbills

Thanks TS. Got the search figured out. Now if my employer would go off the lame DSL connection, and get me some freakin' broadband, I'd be able to dig through this at work.

Guy's got no freakin' respect. What about my needs!

Cool shots. I looked at a bunch of 1970 singles. Love that stuff.