#121379  by Smolder

It took about six month to get it all together:

pedal board > sms, jg 80's mod > mcintosh mc50 > 1x15 D130 (also have a 1x12 Avatar vintage cab, with matching cloth and a D120 - both original cones)

The box is something my pop put together. He has an old saw mill and I asked him to find the craziest wood he could. It's 100+ year old worm wood... some serious worm wood there.

Last edited by Smolder on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #121393  by Smolder

Jerry1996x wrote:Right on!!!! The Mac storage idea is awesome. How does it sound? :cool:

BTW, love the Kustom cab in the 2nd pic :smile:
thanks guys.

It sounds really good. More Jerry like than I've been able to get a fender amp to sound frankly. My life would have been a lot simpler had I mounted the mac on the bottom. Finding a shelf the right size took a while. I've only had the earth drive a couple of days, but it allowed me to split my pedals between the JG board you see there and a smaller board that I use in the bar band I'm in.

Having grown up in Kansas, Kustoms were always around (we slept on them in the van back in the day). This is a 2x15 that was cut in half. It has a 15 EVL in it. Someday I'm gonna find a nice set of tuck and role PA columns to use as monitors for practice.
 #121394  by Jerry1996x

Smolder wrote:
Jerry1996x wrote:Right on!!!! The Mac storage idea is awesome. How does it sound? :cool:

BTW, love the Kustom cab in the 2nd pic :smile:
thanks guys.

It sounds really good. More Jerry like than I've been able to get a fender amp to sound frankly. My life would have been a lot simpler had I mounted the mac on the bottom. Finding a shelf the right size took a while. I've only had the earth drive a couple of days, but it allowed me to split my pedals between the JG board you see there and a smaller board that I use in the bar band I'm in.

Having grown up in Kansas, Kustoms were always around (we slept on them in the van back in the day). This is a 2x15 that was cut in half. It has a 15 EVL in it. Someday I'm gonna find a nice set of tuck and role PA columns to use as monitors for practice.
Awesome. Congrats! Them Kustoms do look comfy dont they..... :D :D :D
 #121395  by WildEye

You have inspired me to build one of my own (i'll need extra support for a 2100, but that's an easy fix). Tell your Dad nicely done and excellent choice of wood.