#121283  by TI4-1009

Gets airplay on Sirius Dead channel.
 #121301  by easytoslip

for sure, that's where I heard it first. this song reminds me of why I fell in love with GD music. Jerry's voice is so smooth, the instrumental parts are all bouncy and happy, and it's fun to sing :wink:
 #121334  by ugly rumor

That was a Robert Hunter song, off of a solo album. Not Jerry singing. Hunter has a good voice, too.
 #121341  by Chuckles

It is Garcia. And he was the first to admit he laid a lot of eggs in his time. This is one of them, imo. No matter how much I listen with any part of my body, it doesn't lend his voice any semblance of strength or bring it into key. Whereas his advancing age and deteriating health often lent his voice some level of gravitas, here he is alternately sharp, flat and weak and whiny.

Different strokes, I suppose, but i find this to be among the absolute worst thing I've ever heard come out of the big guy... a terribly depressing portrait of a man on death's door who has lost much of his previous genius and abilities. I suspect he and the band felt much the same, as there is a probably reason it was never released before. Sometimes I just don't get the Dead Channel's programming... For example, why on earth do they broadcast so many totally inferior sounding shows when there are so many high-quality recordings out there? Some of them sound like tenth generation boots recorded from under the stage through a bag of wet rags.

Anyway, just my $.02.
 #121349  by ugly rumor

My bad. I answered without listening. I learn something new every day.
 #121350  by TI4-1009

I don't think it's THAT bad.
 #121364  by troehl

It's pretty hard to criticize this recording without criticizing about the last decade of his life.
I don't think it's any different than any other vocal recording in his later years.
Sounds like good old Jerry to me.
I like it.

To each his own, I guess.