rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#121224  by JonnyBoy
 Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:18 am
I can't play the video or see from my phone, but didn't brad make him a pedal to help warm up his signal? That was months ago who knows now.....
 #121240  by strumminsix
 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 am
JonnyBoy wrote:I can't play the video or see from my phone, but didn't brad make him a pedal to help warm up his signal? That was months ago who knows now.....
Exactly my situation and thought!

Google Sarno Black Box.
 #121255  by mgbills
 Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 am
Wow...that Mc2300 is night & day over the Bryston Jeff was using. They haven't been in the NW since Mr. Sarno re-worked Jeff's rig. Sounds amazing.

Well they'll get my money again when they come around. They sound freakin' awesome.
Peace
M

??? are we referring to the Stompbox next to Jeff's bloomers on the top? That doen't look like a standard Sarno Black Box to me.
 #121263  by eric
 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm
Wasn't that an early inception of Brad's " Dirt Box ", to deal with a too clean Bryston Power Amp being used at the time ? What gets me more in this video is

Mattson has the lightest touch ever , it reminds me of watching guys like Vic , they just make it look effortless when they play ... Which is the opposite of what it looks like when I play !
 #121265  by myoung6923
 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:35 pm
I couldn't really make it out in the video - but he was telling me that when he used his Bryston amp, Brad had made him some kind of dirt box that went between the pre amp and the amp. He stopped using that when he went to the Mac.

He played with the Donna Jean band last month for a Halloween bash in Southbridge, MA and we played before them - there, he had an earth drive on top of his amp.
 #121270  by mgbills
 Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm
Curioser & Curioser!

Patiently waiting for Mc2300 to appear on local CL for $300.00. Not for any good reason...except....Coolness.

Jeff has a very light touch indeed. He's a very thrify player.