#121032  by cripeowner

I've search the forum and could't find any but "tubes & more". Specifically looking for 25k volume and 500k tone. Mine are 3/4" shaft length. Is that an odd length?
 #121033  by mgbills

Shameless plug...
scarletfireguitars.com
Softmachine72 is doing a really great job of combing the surplus piles of the word for NOS Allen Bradley pots. His 250/500k Mod Pot comes from State Electronics, and apparently they're the only company that has legal rights to reproduce the Allen Bradley Mod Pot of the same architecture. They're expensive...but if you want mil-spec.

I've done extensive searching, as I'm sure many others have. Great pots at Bourns, and PEC as well. The Alpha 250/500 that Waldo has a video on works great. The Alpha pots are available at Mouser if i remember correctly.

Both those pots you're looking for will be available at Stewart McDonald as well, if you prefer to go the $3.00-$5.00 route.
Edit** - You did say quality. I think CTS may have gone back to a higher quality standard than they were a year ago. If you really want the goods...see above.

Peace
M
 #121044  by redeyedjim

Another plug for Leo at scarletfireguitars, aka Softmachine72 on this forum. You may need to be patient, as his primary focus seems to be building guitars, but he's got the goods when it comes to high quality new and NOS pots and other hard-to-find pieces. I purchased all of the pots for my Kramer/Tiger project from him. The good stuff isn't cheap -- I think it averaged $30-$40 per pot -- but they are MIL-spec, and those are going to be pricier.