When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #120824  by playingdead

Lefties rock ...

Think about playing a piano ... your right hand does all the intricate chording, soloing and fingering work, it's setup that way because it's (most people's) dominant hand. For a righthanded person who plays lefty, you have your stronger and more agile hand doing the heavy lifting.

Works for this righty.

I encourage any lefties to check out my website, I have some nice guitars for you.
 #120941  by mgbills

Well I dunno...It's just diffent. Different things ...well they can make a fella feel uncomfortable. Now...who doesn't want to be comfortable? I ask you? I would even say that ...it's wrong to not be comfortable. Therefore...I can only assume that playing a guitar backwards is wrong.

Imagine if we all tried to get the fingers on our "right" hand to do silly things. Imagine it. Can you imagine the consequences?

I'm pretty sure you guys should switch, and Vic should have those guitars fixed. And that nice African-American man from Seattle should set a better example!

:-)
 #120945  by Mr.Burns

The other night I saw Paul McCartney play bass, guitar, mandolin, and ukulele left-handed. But not all at the same time.

His lefty Les Paul is a freaky weird sight to behold. But for whatever reason it looks right on him.
 #120950  by TI4-1009

:-)

#120952  by mgbills

Who built yours T14? What a beauty.
Still wonky, but a beautiful chunk of lumber :smile:
 #120953  by gr8fullfred

I am a left handed person, but I learned to play guitar right handed. If you are just starting out it makes no difference which way you learn, so might as well learn the way that ninety some percent of the world plays.

Playing right handed really helps the GAS syndrome, being as you have so many more instruments to be tempted by.

Think about it, did you ever seen a left handed piano?
 #120954  by Jimaroe

T14- beautiful guitar.

Gr8fulfred- There is a lot of truth to that statement. Last time I was in a "big box" guitar store - Guitar Center- I believe, there were 500 guitars. Two of which were lefties and they were, to put it politely, less than stellar makes/models. Being a lefty, picking up a guitar right handed just felt awkward. Now, picking it up and playing lefty feels right, just looks awkward!
 #120955  by TI4-1009

#120976  by easytoslip

yowza. now is that considered a Tiger Rose replica, or do you call it Tiger replica? I'm not versed well enough in Jerry guitarography to know, but I'd guess the former if pressed.

gr8tefullfred, been playing since '99, the non-wonky way :P
 #120985  by TI4-1009

easytoslip wrote: Tiger Rose replica,

?? Huh?!?