#120590  by Mosfed

Hi guys and gals

These are the first two pictures of my new Wolf built by Matt Moriarty. I am picking it up this weekend while on a trip to NYC. We set it up as a Wolf v1.0 with single coils and a Stratoblaster. But with a quick change to pickup plate number 2 you can opt for a H-H-S configuration. The Wolf inlay is currently under the sticker. But it is there. It is also shipping with Alembic knobs. So in the current set up its v1 but switch pickups, knobs and remove stickers and you are talking 1978,

One thing that makes this Wolf particularly special are ivory inlays in the fretboard from ivory keys from an old 1930s piano. So just like Jer's but no elephants had to die (recently at least)

Pickup sets: 1) David Allen Voodoo 69 and 2) Dimarzio Super 2s and SDS-1
Electronics: Stratoblaster - gain controlled by third knob, Waldo UGB, OBEL

Seriously stoked.

#120598  by Jerry1996x

That is probably the most incredible Moriarty ive ever seen. The extra features (2nd plate/knobs, inlay under sticker) are really great ideas. Post some sound clips when you get the chance!!! Shes a beaut!!!! :smile:

Not only is your Wolf done, but President Obama has 4 more years! :thewave:
 #120623  by NSP

Beautiful man!! Seeing that has me chomping at the bit for sure...I'm having AO build me a Wolf that will be done early 2013. Enjoy that fine instrument.
 #120624  by RGA321

Stunning! Congrats Mosfed, Matt is one talanted dude ain't he?!
 #120640  by Mosfed

The thing that still amazes me with this guitar are the ivory inlays. I have to take my hat off to Matt and his resourcefulness in finding a 1930s piano for my guitar! On the first day we spoke I mentioned that the real dream would be to have ivory inlays but that in this day and age it was just impossible. And somehow he pulled it off.

In addition, Matt's flexible nature - like when I was going through a personal crisis over wolf v 1.0 and v1978 - was just amazing. I love how it all turned out. I feel like I got two amazing guitars in one. Lastly, I mentioned to Matt on day 1 how I loved the deep orange that the wolf had aged to. And he just nailed it.

Thanks again Matt. You did some truly amazing work.

I am going to enjoy this one for quite some time, but I also can't wait to get Matt to start working on a Tiger for me!
 #120643  by RGA321

mkaufman wrote:Hey, I'm in CT. Let's jam so I can check it out! I can bring something nice too!

mk

Right on brother, lets do it! I'll PM you! Can def stand for some o' that :cool:
 #120759  by Jimaroe

Beautiful guitar. I love the recycled piano keys inlay idea. Damn, wish I'd thought of that. Really cool man, congrats :cool: