#120198  by daddyowl

hi, long time lurker first time posting. Question: would a jbl E 110 work in a Fender pro jr? or is the speaker to large (deep)? Also if it will work, will it bring me closer to "that" tone, or is the 12 " key. Thanks in advance!
 #120214  by HeadSpace

I can testify firsthand that a k110 fits in the pro jr., though I had to remove the chassis from the cabinet to get it in there. Think the e110 is comparable depth, if not even a hair less deep. As for Jerry tone, it definitely gets you closer than the stock speaker, but you're still limited by two factors, at least. 1) It's an el84 amp, which means it has a less classically Fendery voice to start with. It's not a real blackfacey kind of amp, though it does sound sweet in it's way. 2) single tone knob limits ability to dump bass and pump up highs, a la Jerry. An Eq pedal may help here.

Hope that helps.
 #120226  by Smolder

Even in a princeton reverb with the tone stack and coupling cap mods the d110 or k110 don't get you right there. As Sarno has mention in another thread, the four inch voice coil of the d120 and d130 seem to make a difference, but like headspace stated... it will be a whole lot closer than the stock speaker.
Last edited by Smolder on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #120227  by guitarcats

I just installed one in my 65 Vibro Champ and it sounds a lot better then the 8". I had to buy a new grill but it just fit and I know its not a Pro JR just wanted to share. :-)