#119497  by bzbz

Hey! I really liked both the Adamas and the Telefunken - both added, I think, a sort of brightness to the pick attack - my problem is that I gig mostly acoustic (none of those picks work for me acoustically!) and that playing electric at home is not the same as hearing the tone when bass and drums are added - I don't have an electric gig until December, and won't probably rehears for a few weeks - but I really liked these picks and joethepainter had added a bunch of interesting ones, including one made of cocobolo! Sparechaynge, you're next, I'll get them out by mid-week!
 #119513  by Jon S.

Sparechange, if you'll PM me your snail mail address, I'll mail you a couple of new V-picks to replace the pair in my original package that whoever it was lost. Thanks.
 #119658  by Jon S.

Care package to add three new V-Picks & a Pick Boy Classic on the way this AM. Treat them like the Ring - keep them safe (but not secret). ;)
 #119799  by Sparechaynge

The main package from Barry has made it safely through the postal system. No V-picks yet, but I'm sure they'll follow shortly.

A quick test shows the Graphite's, Jazz III, and Cocobolo as the favorites. Can't wait to try them plugged in! I would like to continue testing for the better part of this week; if no one else signs up I'll play through the weekend and then send them back to the respective owners on monday.
 #119961  by Sparechaynge

The end is drawing near. Does anyone want this next? It's a lot of fun! The contributors should pm their addresses so I can mail these back if no one else posts.

Here's what I got:

- 3 V-picks (trad., trad. lite, unlabeled 3mm)
- 1 pickboy classic
- 2 Adamas
- 1 T-funk
- 1 each Gator grip 1.5 & 2 mm
- 1 Jazz III
- 1 Cocobolo

If someone else signs up, I will include a few extras of my own.
 #120004  by Jon S.

5 or 6 of 'em are mine. I suggest holding onto 'em a bit longer. If no one else signs up, I actually wouldn't mind being next to receive the full set as it now surpasses my original 3 and includes several new one's I myself haven't yet tried!
 #120010  by Sparechaynge

Sounds good to me! I'll keep them until someone says otherwise. I have transferred the collection to the ziplock bag the V-picks came in, so the won't get separated. They live in my desk drawer, so they are pretty safe.

Interesting:
On my Esquire I hear no difference between the Adamas and Telefunken, but on my Aria EB-0 I do. Thoughts?

Plus, now I have to get some of the "pitch" Jazz III's. I am really liking they way my hand has more contact with the strings. I'm primarily a fingerpicker, so a pick that allows me to get real close to the strings is a good thing. :wink:
 #120033  by Sparechaynge

Update: I will be in San Fransisco from the 25 until the 29. The picks are NOT coming with me so they don't get lost. I will be able to mail them out upon my return.
 #120463  by Sparechaynge

Ok, picks will be posted to Jon on Monday. I had Lots of fun playing with them, and will grab some Jazz III xl's and Telefunken's the next time I have my wallet out.

Thanks for starting this Jon!
 #120464  by Smolder

Jon... thanks so much for putting this together. Very helpful.

I'm still not very good with the big thick adamas, but getting better. I think I sound better with a .73 or .60 ultex. I may have to try a thicker one and bridge up to the full manly adamas ; )
 #120823  by Sparechaynge

I do hope you have the picks, Jon. I mailed them last week, and it would be great if they didn't get claimed by the postage gremlins.