#117474  by butchpilgrim

Yes, they last a long time, very little wear. Not to take away from how cool it is to have access to Adamas, here's a link to readily available 2mm Telefunken graphite picks which are extremely close - i've held one in each hand and compared closely, and they're super close in all respects.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... =824&kw=lg
 #117548  by Mr.Burns

The Telefunken ebay store. Thats where I got mine.

I went there and noticed the picks now have a different grip texture. So I bought some more.
Last edited by Mr.Burns on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #117549  by cmc64

I got my Adamas picks about a week ago and they really are something. I am used to using a standard, Fender Medium and all I can say is Holy Shit!! Tone, Tone Tone!!! If you are used to a lighter pick they do take a few days to get the hang of, but after that you can never go back. The main thing I have noticed is the amount of definition they give you when you play chords but most especially in the single note lines. For example, when using my Mu-Tron III I used to have to hit the notes in the higher registers of the B and E strings a bit harder to get a solid, defined tone. With the Adamas, I get an even voicing on any string, any spot on the fretboard, with much more control over the voicing of the note or chord. It is a huge improvement and has actually changed my approach to picking a bit.

The Telefunken's are pretty expensive, but one must admit that they are very cool looking. I have always liked the Telefunken logo (and always wanted to get some vintage Telefunken-branded Schoeps mics) - I am going to get a few. Too cool for school :smile:
 #119168  by Mosfed

So I ordered a pack of Adamas 2mm and a pack of Telefunken .75mm. After a week of having them now, I prefer the Telefunken. Same tone, generally, with an easier to use pick. 2mm is just too much for me.
 #119169  by TI4-1009

wussie... :lol:
 #119210  by Mosfed

Nice....

I have to admit I feel like a bit of a wuss...
 #119221  by Mr.Burns

:lol:
It seems weird to keep posting about Tfunks on the Adamas thread. But does the .75mm have any flex to it? I wondered if they might work for strumming an acoustic. I play mine pretty heavy-handed, so the 2mm can be a little much. I have seen other folks on here say they play acoustic with a 2mm, but I prefer the feel and tone of a Tortex or good ole Fender heavy for mine.
 #119234  by Jon S.

Update: after a bit under a year with the Adamas picks I switched over to V-Pick 1.5 mm
Tradition Lights. I'd explain why I'm digging these most now but the truth is it'll just be my words. I'd advise anyone who digs the Adamas 2.0's to just try a V-Pick 1.5 and decide for yourself. Both are fine options, some will prefer A, others B.

http://v-picks.com/productdetails.php?q=121&page=picks
 #119239  by Mosfed

Mr.Burns wrote::lol:
It seems weird to keep posting about Tfunks on the Adamas thread. But does the .75mm have any flex to it?
No flex at all. That's what I find so appealing - reasonably thin with no flex