#118937  by 1dallek1

Relix Vol.5 No.1 Mar-Apr

A bad moment

Last edited by 1dallek1 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 12 times in total.
 #118942  by Dozin

Agree, very nice pics. It would be nice to see the full front of that Ibanez.
 #118947  by 1dallek1

Dozin wrote:Agree, very nice pics. It would be nice to see the full front of that Ibanez.
better view later today thanks
 #118948  by 1dallek1

mkaufman wrote:Very nice. Did you take them? Is the Bobby pic from the Spring '77 tour? Do you have more of Bobby playing that guitar?

mk
i took tons of picts in those days, i wish i could remember what was what i never labeled the proofs , the negative pouches are marked, i was shooting in 77 though.
Remember when they sold the tickets through the dead fan club? That was a wacky summer, spent a good deal of time in the car going to shows
thanks
ns
 #118949  by TI4-1009

Interesting- Jerry playing a full barre in the eighth photo!
 #118950  by Pete B.

TI4-1009 wrote:Interesting- Jerry playing a full barre in the eighth photo!
I'm guessin' he used/needed the full Barre in JGB more than the Dead (no rhythm guit).
I see him play a full Barre on occasion in the Dead. Check out an Alabama Getaway vid, for example.
He usually plays 'em more like in the first pic, with the index finger just catching the high E and B strings (and thumb on string 6 when needed).
 #118973  by Maybeck09

Jerry and Bobby look great but fuckin' Jack and Jorma just look so Rock and Roll!
 #118978  by Mr.Burns

Love Phil's Save The Whales shirt. Wish I had one of those.
 #119958  by zambiland

So, what's the lettering on the bass in the Save The Whales shot? I'd love to see higher res files of the Phil pix!
Thanks so much for sharing these, looking forward to the next batch!
 #119965  by tigerstrat

I like Jorma's "Genesis" shirt. I wonder if he intended it to mean his song by that name instead of the band? Looks like shots from a lot of different concerts of the same Hot Tuna tour.

Very cool shot of Kahn, this one is the pick of the bunch!