#118543  by NWPines

First off, another huge thanks to rugger (John in San Diego) for contributing some of his picks to keep this great idea going. Sorry I've held on to these since the end of July, time has really been getting away from me lately. I'm getting married in less than 3 weeks and then we're moving in Oct. Sadly, I haven't been playing nearly as much as I'd like lately.

Since I'd never played with an Adamas pick, or anything like one, this was a great experience for me. Like everyone else says, they really are different and take some getting used to. But after a few hours, I really loved them. I actually found it much harder to adjust my strumming/chording compared to single note playing. With single note stuff, I preferred these right away and loved it. For chording, I'm still getting used to it. They really highlight all the flaws in my technique! These are definitely much less forgiving picks compared to what I was using, but much more control once I got used to them. Amazing what a noticeable difference these make even over the standard Fender heavy picks.

John was also kind enough to include a Dunlop Gator 2mm and 1.5mm. I really liked those too. They are a bit less bright and definitely different than the Adamas, but I also strongly preferred them to the Fender heavy I was using. I actually loved the 1.5mm for acoustic. Wasn't a huge fan of the Adamas on acoustic.

So, who's next? PM me your info and I'll mail these off to you to keep this going.
 #118559  by Jon S.

Glad to see the Brotherhood remains on track! Interestingly, myself, after over a year using the Adamas picks exclusively, in the last couple of weeks, I'm finding myself gravitating back to V-Pick 1.5mm Traditional Lites. Adamas lovers should try these, too (one had been in my original, lost pick package).
 #118669  by NWPines

NWPines wrote:So, who's next? PM me your info and I'll mail these off to you to keep this going.
I'll wait another week or so, and if nobody chimes in to be next, I'll send rugger's picks back to him.
 #119243  by joethepainter

So, I got the picks a week or so ago (thanks, NWPines!) and have been putting them thru their paces...I really like the Adamas, they're noticeably brighter than all the other picks in the bag. Very articulate. I've been using Telefunken 2.0 for a few years, and they sound darker than the Adamas, with an even attack, like natural compression. I didn't like the Dunlops, either 1.5 or 2.0...they both sounded dull, 'muffled' sounding. There were no V-Picks in there, but I have used the 1.5 before. I found the V too 'clicky' for me. I have a few Telefunkens I can throw into the bag, along with a jazz 3 and a handmade
cocobolo pick (which is very 'woody' sounding). So, anybody wanna keep this going, PM me your address, and I'll send them on their way. Thanks to Jon S. for starting this, cool idea! :-)
 #119257  by Sparechaynge

Can I get on the list please? I'd really like to try these. I already use V-picks and they're 'clicky' sometimes. I'd love to A/B them with the Adamas.

Take your time, bzbz. I can wait as long as I need to so you get a fair turn.
 #119347  by TI4-1009

Rock On!