#118529  by proshy

Quick question:

Anybody know/recommend what kind of round over Wolf or Tiger has? I would guess maybe 5/8" :?: ? Looking to build a replica body and need some advice.

I was perusing around the Alembic club "factory to customer" awhile back and thought i saw them say, on one bass they were building, that they were using a 3/4" round over..

Thanks!
mr. paul
 #118563  by TI4-1009

OK, I'll display my ignorance for all to see- what's "round-over"???
 #118565  by hippieguy1954

It is referring to the edges of the body. Example: Telecaster bodies (bass or regular guitar) are not rounded edges and Strat bodies are rounded edges.
LesPauls are not rounded edges. Hope that helps!
 #118575  by paulinnc

TI4-1009 wrote:OK, I'll display my ignorance for all to see- what's "round-over"???
A round over bit is used in a router, usually in a router table to put round edges on wood. In this case it would be the edges of a guitar body instead of a board. picture the round edges of a strat, those are done with a round over bit.
 #118757  by softmachine72

I use 3/4 on wolf an 1 1/4" on tiger and rosebud . the bit has to round the center maple also the tiger is a little less than 2" so when you put the body on a router table it does one half. you could get away with 1" but, I do not use it all the way to the flat. just my two sense.