rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #118159  by Tennessee Jedi
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:54 am
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/94352276/Sat%20 ... 20Blue.mp3
Guitar -> SMS -> Neo Mags
Guitar has some fret buzz ; needs further adjustment
SMS has less than 20hrs on it - and Im still dialing it in , too....
Guitar has Super 2's ....
I'm just about to wire a 1 x 12 cab w/ Commonwealth speaker
The neo's are bright as hell- some love it ; some dont.
:D
 #118162  by Cowboy Neal
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 am
Tennessee Jedi wrote:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/94352276/Sat%20 ... 20Blue.mp3
Guitar -> SMS -> Neo Mags
Guitar has some fret buzz ; needs further adjustment
SMS has less than 20hrs on it - and Im still dialing it in , too....
Guitar has Super 2's ....
I'm just about to wire a 1 x 12 cab w/ Commonwealth speaker
The neo's are bright as hell- some love it ; some dont.
:D
Thanks so much brother! That was just what i was looking for. Great playing! I'm running K-120's now and I love them but I feel like the D-120's will be better suited for my rig at the moment. I was having some trouble finding people using them in a Dead type format.
 #118163  by mijknahs
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 am
I bought a Weber Neo Mag and thought it was extremely bright compared to my JBLs. Not really equivalent. I haven't tried an Eminence Commonwealth though.

However, that clip from Tenn. Jedi with the Webers sounds just fine however he's running them.
 #118166  by mijknahs
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:41 am
It's really hard to compare the difference between speakers unless you're the one playing them. I got lost with that comparison. Hard to tell the difference between the D120 and the Neo Mag.
 #118167  by Tennessee Jedi
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:49 am
Cowboy Neal wrote:
Thanks so much brother! That was just what i was looking for. Great playing! I'm running K-120's now and I love them but I feel like the D-120's will be better suited for my rig at the moment. I was having some trouble finding people using them in a Dead type format.
No prob man - sooner or later I will be a JBL guy too
8)
mijknahs wrote:I bought a Weber Neo Mag and thought it was extremely bright compared to my JBLs. Not really equivalent. I haven't tried an Eminence Commonwealth though.

However, that clip from Tenn. Jedi with the Webers sounds just fine however he's running them.
Yeah I think the honeymoon with my Neo's is over ....
Gonna check out the Commonwealths and see if they float my boat.
:thewave:
 #118170  by tcsned
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:07 am
Tennessee Jedi wrote:
Cowboy Neal wrote:
Thanks so much brother! That was just what i was looking for. Great playing! I'm running K-120's now and I love them but I feel like the D-120's will be better suited for my rig at the moment. I was having some trouble finding people using them in a Dead type format.
No prob man - sooner or later I will be a JBL guy too
8)
mijknahs wrote:I bought a Weber Neo Mag and thought it was extremely bright compared to my JBLs. Not really equivalent. I haven't tried an Eminence Commonwealth though.

However, that clip from Tenn. Jedi with the Webers sounds just fine however he's running them.
Yeah I think the honeymoon with my Neo's is over ....
Gonna check out the Commonwealths and see if they float my boat.
:thewave:
I've got a pair of Commonwealth's in my Bag End cab and I love them. Nothing really to compare them with but they're doing the job for me.
 #118171  by mijknahs
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:09 am
T.Jedi-

Are you using just 1x12" Neo Mag in that clip? For years I would run just 1x12" JBL but I switched back to 2x12" and the fullness it brought back was incredible. I can't see going back to 1x12" now unless I'm just playing at home in my garage.
 #118173  by Tennessee Jedi
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:18 am
mijknahs wrote:T.Jedi-

Are you using just 1x12" Neo Mag in that clip? For years I would run just 1x12" JBL but I switched back to 2x12" and the fullness it brought back was incredible. I can't see going back to 1x12" now unless I'm just playing at home in my garage.
Rut Roh !
The clip is a 2 x 12 but I am hoping I can run a 1 x 12 at a gig ..... mic it up .....
I was wondering about going to a 1 x 12 and how it will affect my sound ....
I got 2 Commonwealths though ... just in case .....
What is it you dont like about a 1 x 12 ? Lack of headroom ?
 #118175  by mijknahs
 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:35 am
Tennessee Jedi wrote:
mijknahs wrote:T.Jedi-

Are you using just 1x12" Neo Mag in that clip? For years I would run just 1x12" JBL but I switched back to 2x12" and the fullness it brought back was incredible. I can't see going back to 1x12" now unless I'm just playing at home in my garage.
Rut Roh !
The clip is a 2 x 12 but I am hoping I can run a 1 x 12 at a gig ..... mic it up .....
I was wondering about going to a 1 x 12 and how it will affect my sound ....
I got 2 Commonwealths though ... just in case .....
What is it you dont like about a 1 x 12 ? Lack of headroom ?
I liked it fine for years! It's just that 2x12's are more full sounding. You can totally use a 1x12 for a small gig.