Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #118003  by strumminsix

Sent the seller the following message:
Hey, your ad is incorrect. Having a Master Volume puts it over 1973 and 135 watts puts it over 1977 and thus uses "ultralinear" type output.

Those things would make be a huge difference to an amp buyer.

You'd be surprised, there is a market for those ultralinears with Steel players.

Just trying to help as I like to hope most folks are good!

Still, likely a good sounding amp and speakers, if in great condition, are worth the current price alone.
 #118006  by Smolder

the master happened part way through 1972... mine is a 72 with a MV.

I've frankly never seen a jbl speaker (on the right from the back) with that kind of moddled cone paper... even a re-cone. I'm all but certain that's not an original D cone.
 #118008  by gr8fullfred

Killer, grab it, awesome! Listing says must pick up, no shipping. The most powerful twin reverb ever!
With D120s!
 #118010  by lightningbolt

The serial number clearly starts with a B which makes it post 1975.

Still a killer deal. You could pull the speakers, replace them and still get your money back for the amp.
 #118012  by Utah Joe

My brother in Baltimore has had a twin reverb since the late 60's. He bought it used so I don't know the exact year. He doesn't play much anymore but would never sell it. Last May I took a closer look at it and sure enough he has a pair of D 120's. I asked him about it and he had no idea that they weren't stock speakers. A lesser man may have been tempted to not say anything and just switch the speakers out when the opportunity presented itself.
 #118019  by Smolder

There is a nice twin with most of the Jerry mods (no input or preamp out) in the Denver craigslist with a pair of jbl's... it's mine... not a steal, but a pretty good deal considering. If yer local...