When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #117821  by TI4-1009

Long drive home from a work road trip yesterday. Great series of dreams last night about buying guitars and 'quipment with Bob and Jerry. We were out trying stuff out, and later "back at the ranch" stuff would be delivered and we'd start playing with it. To top it off it was on the coast and there was a big sea turtle pond with lots of Terripans. We had fun.
 #117842  by mgbills

Years before I could play, I would listen to those '77 shows & daydream about what it would be like to create that magic in the moment. I was really in a groove, and literally listening to nothing else. One week ...I think I dreamed I was on the stage with Jer...mixing it up...like 3 or 4 nights in a row I had this dream. The first 3 nights I would be playing, and all of a sudden a voice would say "Idiot. You can't play guitar." Of course ...the dream would turn into a naked at work dream. I'm up there...and I clearly don't belong.

The last night...I just played. It was just awesome.

Never had that dream since, but I play every day now. 1-2 hours. Probably a fools errand. Should be doing something serious...thinking about my future...considering what I'll do when I grow up. But I keep playing. Feel like I always will.
Peace
M
 #117855  by vwjodyme

I had a dream last night that I was back in my hayday, in shape with long flowing hair, man was that awesome :lol:
 #117862  by Mr.Burns

In the 90's, a friend told me about a dream he had that the Grateful Dead's entire stage setup, persian rugs and all, was in my living room. Not his, but mine. Nice. And they played something, but I can't remember now what he said it was.
 #117865  by SlowTexasZim

In a dream once, I went to a Grateful Dead concert in a weird concrete sculpture that was big enough to hold about 200 people...I didn't know any of them most were dancing some staring beatifically beautiful and outside the odd place where this awesome music was being played by the boys, it was raining sheets of rain so much that I couldn't see anything but rain when I looked back.

Also went to a Led Zepplin concert where they played in the end zone of a high school football field...people on blankets hanging out spaced around the field where no one was even close to each other.

Then, JB of WSP taught me how to play Smokestack on a two string guitar one time.

Good dreams of rock.

Nightmares suck.
 #117870  by mtjam

I had this dream where I was at a Dead show with my dad, totally impossible, and by the afternoon of the next day I had heard that Jerry had passed on.
 #117871  by Quarterpounder

I have had a reoccurring dream(maybe 3 or 4 times) where I'm at the show,but Jerry becomes ill and I'm asked or forced to fill in. I'm handed what seems like Tiger and pushed on stage. I don't know the songs, but as I begin to play it all sounds ok. It is always at an old school venue where the stage is set in the stands on the side of a football field as opposed to being in the end zone. Weird, and when I try to play when I wake up I sound like myself again. Why?????