Place for the rest of the music
 #117556  by jester536

My band just released our album. It's not Grateful Dead music...I don't think I'm capable of writing music as intricate as theirs nor is my playing very reminiscent of Garcia's. Just some tunes written by a guy who has listened to the Dead his whole life. The songs I penned are all the odd numbered tunes (that's weird). If you do happen to pull the trigger and buy one...please let me know. And once again if you're at CDBaby...check out Skyfoot...you'll probably dig their stuff even more. Thanks.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/unchartedwaters
 #117824  by jester536

Had a great gig last night...beautiful night. Sold some CD's...a word to the wise... When we ordered these things a run of 500 was only a little more than a run of 300. 500 sounded like that would probably be more than we needed but what the hell. Now I look at the stacks of CD's and wonder what the hell were we thinking?...I'm going to end up tiling a floor in my house with these things! Live and learn.
 #117825  by Tennessee Jedi

jester536 wrote:Had a great gig last night...beautiful night. Sold some CD's...a word to the wise... When we ordered these things a run of 500 was only a little more than a run of 300. 500 sounded like that would probably be more than we needed but what the hell. Now I look at the stacks of CD's and wonder what the hell were we thinking?...I'm going to end up tiling a floor in my house with these things! Live and learn.
If you cant sell them all - give them away at a show - fans will love it !
:-)
 #117828  by jester536

I'm sure it will happen at some point...but at this stage you've put in a ton of time and a lot of $$$... In the end we all know we'll end up in the hole...we're just hoping its a little less deep. It's been a blast and I'm already looking forward to doing another.
 #117883  by Poor Peter

jester536 wrote:I'm sure it will happen at some point...but at this stage you've put in a ton of time and a lot of $$$... In the end we all know we'll end up in the hole...we're just hoping its a little less deep. It's been a blast and I'm already looking forward to doing another.
My band just did the same thing, except we ordered a thousand. It cost $4,000.00 start to finish. Our drummer made a press kit and started sending them out. In 5 months we got enough gigs to pay off our debt. So even though we made no real money on the cd's ( which was never really our intention) we've built a fan base and used it to open alot of doors for us. Find a list of all the summer and fall festivals in your area. Contact the person who books the entertainment. Those types of events start planning that stuff now, and they pay decent money. We already have a few gigs lined up for next summer. So don"t look at it as "your in the hole" use it as a tool to make a name for yourselves and get "out of the hole" that way.
 #117886  by jester536

Thanks for the advice. We really do need to work at it more...but in the end it really is just a hobby we all love. Would hate to make it feel like work. Not really worried about the money...just would like to move some of the CDs. What's your band's name and how do I get ahold of one of your CDs...I'm assuming you still have a few lying around :lol:
Thanks man
 #117911  by jester536

Poor Pete..wasn't kidding...if you've got a way that I can get a hold of your CD I'd definitely buy one. That goes for anyone else out there...if you've got tunes online let me know. When you're selling one you feel compelled to buy others...have stumbled onto some good music lately.
 #117916  by Poor Peter

http://www.reverbnation.com/thehayfieldconcept

Sorry bro, busy weekend. It's for sale on cdbaby also and I think it is supposed to be on Itunes soon if it isn't already. Hope you dig it. I like what you guys are doing as well. The fact that you were able to put a great band together in Montanna is a feat in and of itself. My favorite place in the entire U.S. I might add. I have a friend in Paradise Valley that I visit in the winter. Can't get enough of it. I'd move there tomorrow if I could convince my wife. Getting on those festival type bills is alot easier than you might think. Especially if your legitimate, and it sounds like you guys are. You can develop a good fan base pretty quick. Remember it's not work if you love what you are doing.
 #118558  by Poor Peter

jester536 wrote:I got a copy of The Hayfield Concept CD...Where's My Other Shoe. It's definitely worth a listen. Good tunes and great guitar work...get it on CD Baby. I think you'll like it.
Thanks for the plug man. Very much appreciated. I've mentioned it before, there seems , at least to me, to be a reluctance at times to be supportive of one another. Someone will post a tune or a vid and it will get a bunch of views and no comments. I am guilty as well of not responding and will make it a point to do so in the future.